Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B.Daytona -

A guy on one of the slot car sites.
    I'll see if I can find him again and ask if he's into doing more.
    Send me a P.M. to remind me.

Mike

Comment

just an FYI, to get a car built in cad-cam. all I would have needed was 4 pictures, both end and both sides, of a car, it wound up being over $400 dollars just for the file, the hang up came in getting a 3-D printer with good enough detail, in my price range, it would have been what I considered way too much money too produce. Thanks for the interest and all.
      Another learning experience!
      Kenneth Smolecki

Comment

The Tomte Champ Pickup is really close to the Palmer Champ Pick-up. Someone said 1/30 is the scale of the Tomte - that would be close, I was thinking 1/32. I own two Palmer Champ pick-up kits. One is built with a few pieces missing, and the other is mint, unbuilt in the original box, with decals and instruction sheet (yellowed), plus I have the rubber Tomte toy. Side-by-side comparison suggests the Tomte rubber toy was a copy of the Palmer model kit.

I started collecting Studebaker toys in the early 70's, when my dad bought a 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop with R1 engine. (This car was later owned and researched by Bill Pressler, and is now in Australia (I think)).

My Studebaker model collection has been known as a 'shrine' - I have several of the 1/25th scale amt Starliners, Avantis and Jo-Han Larks. The collection grew to include a rubber copy of the 1934/5 Dictator (1/32 scale?), the 20 mule wagon team, die-cast 1948/9? Starliner, the Hawk model company's 1962 Lark Hardtop & Convertible kits, resin 1/25 scale GT Hawks (1962 & 64), as well as the die-cast banks and Danbury Mint / Franklin Mint cars.

Starting to think about thinning the flock. Contact me for more information / or with wants.

Drew Helgeson

Comment

Working...
        X