Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much will you pay for a scale model of your favorite car

President Member Bordeaux Daytona's Avatar
    I know this is an older thread but I found a site that has some 3D Studebakers on them. Not cheap but looks good. Yeah, they got the year wrong.

https://hum3d.com/3d-models/studebak...-1963/#360view

Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 11-14-2017 at 10:32 PM.

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    How about the "Miss Deal"funny car model. It's a coupe, molded in purple, 1/25 scale. Under hood details match the AMT hardtop kits, although it's by Revel. It looks like you could build a nice stock coupe using the Revel body and AMT parts.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=18742
    Mike M
    The Miss Deal body has had the wheelbase altered. You couls use the top and graf onto a 53 body. It wouls be aasier to by the resin body shown above.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1953 View Post
    Have you tried the 1941 Plymouth kit? I used the motor from that kit in the 1950 Studebaker Convertible kit I built several years ago.
    I was going to suggest this one also. AMT made the '41 Plymouth kit.

President Member
    I've now got both 1/24 and 1/32 54 Conestoga's.

The 24'th bodies are resin. Turned into slot cars. One a drag racer, one a road car.
    The 32'nd bodies are 3D modeled. These are REALLY nicely done. I have two, both will be slot cars, both road cars.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Van Veghten; 11-15-2017 at 12:20 PM.

President Member Bordeaux Daytona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
    I've now got both 1/24 and 1/32 54 Conestoga's.

The 32'nd bodies and 3D modeled. These are REALLY nicely done. I have two, both will be slot cars, both road cars.

Mike
    Where did you find the 1/32 Conestoga? Thanks!

President Member
    B.Daytona -

A guy on one of the slot car sites.
    I'll see if I can find him again and ask if he's into doing more.
    Send me a P.M. to remind me.

Mike

Commander Member
    just an FYI, to get a car built in cad-cam. all I would have needed was 4 pictures, both end and both sides, of a car, it wound up being over $400 dollars just for the file, the hang up came in getting a 3-D printer with good enough detail, in my price range, it would have been what I considered way too much money too produce. Thanks for the interest and all.
    Another learning experience!
    Kenneth Smolecki

Speedster Member
    The Tomte Champ Pickup is really close to the Palmer Champ Pick-up. Someone said 1/30 is the scale of the Tomte - that would be close, I was thinking 1/32. I own two Palmer Champ pick-up kits. One is built with a few pieces missing, and the other is mint, unbuilt in the original box, with decals and instruction sheet (yellowed), plus I have the rubber Tomte toy. Side-by-side comparison suggests the Tomte rubber toy was a copy of the Palmer model kit.

I started collecting Studebaker toys in the early 70's, when my dad bought a 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop with R1 engine. (This car was later owned and researched by Bill Pressler, and is now in Australia (I think)).

My Studebaker model collection has been known as a 'shrine' - I have several of the 1/25th scale amt Starliners, Avantis and Jo-Han Larks. The collection grew to include a rubber copy of the 1934/5 Dictator (1/32 scale?), the 20 mule wagon team, die-cast 1948/9? Starliner, the Hawk model company's 1962 Lark Hardtop & Convertible kits, resin 1/25 scale GT Hawks (1962 & 64), as well as the die-cast banks and Danbury Mint / Franklin Mint cars.

Starting to think about thinning the flock. Contact me for more information / or with wants.

Drew Helgeson