This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge to all Zone Directors

Being the leaders of our Studebaker Drivers Club, I know you are all making plans to attend the International Meet this year in Rhode Island. Let us lead by example and not only support by our attendance but also by sponsoring the Meet, sponsoring a trophy and encouraging our local Chapters to sponsor at whatever their level their treasury will allow. SDC is, first and foremost, it's people!
    Peter Bishop

Bump because I think this is important!
    Peter Bishop

Comment

Well...it has been days since you issued your challenge. You think it is important, and it could be, that the other directors do (if they knew about it), but, I wonder how many of the other directors even visit the forum. Odd, isn't it? You would think that our office holders would be the most passionate, vocal, "eat, breathe, and talk Studebaker" folks ever. Where better to participate, enjoy, and engage fellow Studebaker enthusiasts, than right here on the forum. But, unless I'm missing something, few of them visit here very often.

This is such a great asset. To me, this venue provides real time, instant feedback from fellow members, and an opportunity to gain information, insight, and exchange ideas. Too bad that those who could benefit the most, appear to use it the least.

I know we have some former office holders participating here. It could be that there are more current officials than I am aware of. But, it is my impression that there is not many. I'm open to enlightenment.

Oh...and about your challenge...I hope you get some good solid positive results.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John C. - I ageee with you and believe that you are correct. I believe that only a minority of the Officers and Directors frequent this Forum (for example: Duane and Frank). In the early days of the Forum, I proposed to SDC that the Board be represented on the Forum. I suggested that if Board members did not want to visit here often, that Board coverage be required and could be assigned to one Board member per month. That way, each Board member would ony have to spend one month of each year in monitoring and contributing to the Forum. Of course, in my opinion, anyone that holds one of these offices should be a regular on this Forum (full time). I see former Board members, like Skip and myself, here "all" of time. To me, my job as a Board member would have been much easier now with the Forum. I can remember many days when I received 30 telephone calls, letters, etc. from SDC members I finally started to restrict my replies to SDC members in my Zone.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

As for the challenge on the Directors attendance, I have been pretty regular on attending the International meets in the past decade plus even before becoming the Coordinator. But this is because we have arranged our family vacations around the events. At this time I have our youngest son in college and we attended his college baseball training camp in Tucson this year. A 10 day event which was a big expense. With that it may be a struggle for me to get to the Rhode Island event, and I truly will be disappointed over that. But family needs will always come first above all else. I am registered for the Int Meet so there is still hope to attend, Im still working and not retired like most so just means I will need to earn a few more bucks in the days leading up to it.
          Tom L. Sexton
          UMVZ Coordinator
          sigpic

Comment

What about the "sponsoring" aspect of my original post and not the "attendance" part?
            Peter Bishop

Comment

Trophy sponsorships are only $35!
              Chip
              '63 Cruiser
              '57 Packard wagon
              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

The Hamilton Chapter has sponsored in the amount of $100 US. which we always do. See you all there,
                Roly Lusted, president Hamilton Chapter

Roly Lusted, Past President Hamilton Chapter SDC
                http://www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca
                https://www.facebook.com/The-Hamilto...64400/?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Roly Lusted View Post
                  The Hamilton Chapter has sponsored in the amount of $100 US. which we always do. See you all there,
                  Roly Lusted, president Hamilton Chapter
                  And we thank you for it!
                  Chip
                  '63 Cruiser
                  '57 Packard wagon
                  '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                  '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I love seeing that my zone coordinator is taking action and bringing attention to the topic of sponsorship/active mebership-ism <- (not really a word but I like it) . Peter you are truly a great servant leader and I admire your tenacity.

Comment

As to Peter's challenge, I have stepped to the plate in a substantial way and because of that it will not be disclosed. By the way I am on this virtually daily.
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

It shouldn't be this way (especially in the old car hobby) but some of us have to scrape just to make it to the meet (especially half way across the continent). That $35 will almost fill a gas tank to give us close to 500 miles of travel [NOT in the Avanti]. It is 1,115 miles from here; IF we don't stop to smell the roses along the way.

Comment

Working...
                        X