1963 Avanti 63R1002--Article in May 2016 Hemmings Classic Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Avanti 63R1002--Article in May 2016 Hemmings Classic Car

For anyone who hasn't heard yet, the May 2016 Hemmings Classic Car has a nice article (and cover) on the restoration of Dave Kinney's '63 Avanti # 63R1002, the second production Studebaker Avanti built. If you don't subscribe, the magazine is available at Barnes & Noble Bookstore, Harris Teeter grocery store, and probably other larger magazine stands. It is well worth the $4.99 price. I found only three mistakes in the article: (1) The subtitle should have read "After going missing for 15 years the second 1963 Studebaker Avanti built receives an award-winning restoration." (They had "...Avanti R2 built..."), (2) The R2 engine's horsepower should have been listed as 289, rather than 280, and (3) The voltage regulator wasn't factory chrome plated, as stated in the article. Otherwise, to my nit-picking eyes, the 6-page article is well written and well illustrated with excellent pictures. Dave is to be congratulated for saving and restoring this important piece of Studebaker history. Also, Avanti Northwest, for what appears to be an outstanding job.
    -Dwight FitzSimons, a piker, having owned only 5 Avantis (one currently)

Already mentioned here Dwight.

Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
    X