Clark R. Fletcher, Jr. Studebaker-Packard de Mexico President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark R. Fletcher, Jr. Studebaker-Packard de Mexico President

I did not know this man's family was practically in my back yard in Minnesota. He died last December in El Paso, TX. I doubt anyone ever asked him for an interview. I hope I am wrong.

Fletcher, Clark Robinson, Jr. March 21, 1915 to July 9, 2015, passed away at the age of 100 in El Paso, TX. He was the eldest son of Clark Robinson Fletcher, a Minneapolis corporate attorney, and his wife Alice G. Johnson. Clark attended the Blake School and Dartmouth College, majoring in Political Science. He and Margaret Eleanor Benson grew up together in Minneapolis and married in 1939. Clark worked for Studebaker, where he was Chief of Operations for Mexico and then Cuba as well. In retirement, he and Margaret moved to Santa Barbara, CA. There he served in the International Executive Services Corps with assignments in Peru, Chile, Argentina, San Salvador and Colombia. Clark and Margaret, who pre-deceased him in 1995, had two sons; Clark Robinson Fletcher III of El Paso, TX and John Cabot Fletcher of Pacific Grove, CA. He is survived by his brother Kingston Fletcher of Wayzata; his two sons; five grandchildren and four great grandchildren. His sister Sally Luther passed away earlier this year in Mount Dora, FL. A celebration of his life for family and friends will be held at 1:00 pm on Wednesday, September 16 at the Fletcher homestead in Deephaven.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.
Working...
X