Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 International Meet

Exclamation 2018 International Meet

I have a complaint about the 2018 International meet.

It is two years from now!!!!
    What were they thinking!!!!

(I really just wanted to be the first to b!t@# on that meet....)
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

President Member
    Where will it be held
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Seattle/Tacoma?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

President Member
    Hawaii in April due to weather concerns in the upper forty-eight during the rest of the year.

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
    Hawaii in April due to weather concerns in the upper forty-eight during the rest of the year.
    Why not have it in Australia - there are enough SDC members here!!

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Speedster Member
    Yes to the Seattle Tacoma area. However the SDC continues to drag its feet on what it needs spacewise. We need that to send out to prospective hotels. It will be the new format starting on a wednesday and finishing on saturday night. Some of the tours will include LeMays Americas Car Museum, Museum of Flight, and for the Ladies the Museum of Glass including a visit to the hot shop.

Speedster Member
    Sorry DEEPNHOCK, but holding a meet in our area has been on my radar for more than two years. All planning had stopped because of the SDC survey now it's time for them to get it together. Also we need to be able to promote our meet at the 2016 and 2017 meets, kinda hard when we don't even have a hotel under contract. Lou Cote Avanti ! to Seattle

I would be keen on a meet in Hawaii. Starting in Pennsylvania and building up speed until I hit the west coast I might be able to skip as far as Santa Catalina.

Silver Hawk Member
    Speaking from a purely biased perspective, I will be looking forward to having the International Meet close to home in 2018!!
    Mark Hayden
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    '66 Commander

Regional Manager
    British Columbia

http://studebaker.ca/ - BC Coastal Chapter
    www.bcsouthintsdc.ca - BC Southern Interior Chapter
    http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ - Vancouver Island Chapter

President Member
    dynolou2 I salute the folks in the Seattle Tacoma area for stepping up. I plan to be there when and wherever it is.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Where were YOU in '82?

Craig

President Member
    In 1982 I was in the US Air Force stationed at Offutt AFB in Bellevue Nebraska. I had not returned to the Studebaker fold then, was busy racing a Brand X at the local drag strip.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Seattle would be great if they run it at the right time of the year. Just think those of us east of there could set a general route and everyone that wanted to could join in as it headed west. Kind of like a studebaker power tour.

Speedster Member
    I believe we are a bit premature in speculating and conjecturing on the 2018 International Meet at this time.

This is really the province of our Board Member, James Bell, in the Washington state area where the meet is planned to be held. He, personally, is involved with the planning for the meet, and has been given some general guidelines and attendance information to help in finding a location affordable for our members. Will it be in the Seattle-Tacoma area? We're hopeful of that, but a lot of issues need to be considered, and until such time as he has resolved these issues, I believe we need to let him work with his committees in planning this.

Denny Foust dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com

studeguy54

Denny, Please pass on information to Mr. Bell, that some members travel in RV's and need a neighboring RV park to set up. If the hotel has a parking area that could be used, even better.
    Most RV'a can dry camp for a week or so and just having the foot traffic around the RV's acts as a security feature if it's near the car parking area or swap meet.
    1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1957 Thunderbird

President Member cultural infidel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swvalcon View Post
    Seattle would be great if they run it at the right time of the year. Just think those of us east of there could set a general route and everyone that wanted to could join in as it headed west. Kind of like a studebaker power tour.
    Seattle in Late June-mid September is phenomenal. I think our summer's are somewhat of a myth because of the rain that we are known for. Our summers are fantastic!
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon...
    Check the Blog @ http://thisoldstude.blogspot.com
    Will be updating sooner or later. It has been a long time since I have posted anything.

Anyone want to trade a 3spd for a FOM?

Speedster Member
    Denny, it's about time we get the info we have needed, James and I have talked several times about hosting this meet. It has been my idea for more than two years. James has the responsibility to send prospectus to area hotels as that is what he does for a living. We : local SDC AOAI and ASC chapters will all be working together to make this happen. When we have found something that fills the bill, we will await your inspection of the facility. Lou Cote

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark57 View Post
    Speaking from a purely biased perspective, I will be looking forward to having the International Meet close to home in 2018!!
    My first Meet was in 2005 in Aug 15 -19 in Spokane Wash. I have been to every one since, They all have been good, they all have extra good points, However the best one has to be Spokane 2005. The placing of all those cars on the lush green grass made for a perfect setting for pictures, I was very impressed with the whole show from start to last day, so much so that I have gone to them all since, I have driven my Hawk 65,000 miles to Studebaker related events and hope to continue for a long time yet. All that put them on must be commended for there unending work THANK YOU. Evan Severson
    Evan Severson

President Member Commander Eddie's Avatar
    I for one am delighted it is going to be here on the West Coast. I am still working and getting away for a meet in the East or Mid-West is just not doable. I have been a member of the SDC for years and have never had the opportunity yet to attend an International meet. I am looking forward to it.
    dynolou2 - I have a younger brother living in Marysville who needs to finally buy a Studebaker and join the club. I may sic you on him. Ha ha.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Speedster Member
    He is welcome to attend any of our events,meet the members, see the cars. Next event is at the Museum of Flight Restoration Center at Paine Field in Everett on saturday March 19 at 10 AM. Lou Cote past president North Puget Sound SDC

Almost EVERYTHING scheduled for 2018 is two years from now!

GETTING ANXIOUS ALREADY !!! Plus we can hang out with many friends from that part of the world!!!

President Member Anne F. Goodman's Avatar
    Wow I will be there cant wait.
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

I plan on going also....
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

We are looking forward to going to the west coast !

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

I would love to make the drive to Washington and the idea of a Studebaker Power Tour is fantastic!

Peter Bishop
    Director,
    Northeast Zone

Speedster Member
    Update, We have three hotels under contract. James and I are working with Rene from LeMays Americas car Museum whose grass field will be the area where judging and car show will be held. We have also been working on Avanti R 1001 which is owned by the Museum. Tours will include Americas Car Museum, Museum of Flight -Seattle, and Pike Place Market - Seattle. Other things to see close by :Museum of Glass, Washington State History Museum. Looking forward to seeing you. Lou Cote

I'll see you there Peter....and I'll buy the first beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterHawk View Post
    I would love to make the drive to Washington and the idea of a Studebaker Power Tour is fantastic!
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Silver Hawk Member
    I will also be there and not sure who will be with me then or what I will drive. 2018 is not that far off and so much planning is required to pull it off and the upper north west will be perfect and over due.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Quote Originally Posted by dynolou2 View Post
    Update, We have three hotels under contract. James and I are working with Rene from LeMays Americas car Museum whose grass field will be the area where judging and car show will be held. We have also been working on Avanti R 1001 which is owned by the Museum. Tours will include Americas Car Museum, Museum of Flight -Seattle, and Pike Place Market - Seattle. Other things to see close by :Museum of Glass, Washington State History Museum. Looking forward to seeing you. Lou Cote
    Any dates yet?
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by JRoberts View Post
    Any dates yet?
    dates are in TWs what's happening

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWK64 View Post
    Why not have it in Australia - there are enough SDC members here!!
    I like driving to the meets, and the last time I tried driving West in my 59 Studebaker Lark in 1960 I found a lot of water after Vancouver B.C. So that meant I would have to trade my Studebaker in on a Amphi Car, And I had way too much fun with the Lark to do that, We did think of trading it in on a sail boat to go to Australia , but that did not happen , common sence prevailed, and I kept racing the Lark. So now the Meets seam to be located wherever a Chapter wants to work hard to put it on, and I must say they sure do a great job of it.
    Evan Severson

Quote Originally Posted by 2R5 View Post
    dates are in TWs what's happening
    Thanks. I had looked on the SDC website and not seen them there.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Pre-registration yet?

Hawk64 That may not be a bad idea. If you had it in your summer months we could get away from the cold. Just have to save for a while to do it.

Speedster Member
    Dates: August 29 thru September 1. No registration yet,lots of work to do first, the SouthBend national has to happen first. Tradition has it that no promotion of next years meet until this years is finished. Lou Cote

Quote Originally Posted by dynolou2 View Post
    Dates: August 29 thru September 1. No registration yet,lots of work to do first, the SouthBend national has to happen first. Tradition has it that no promotion of next years meet until this years is finished.
    Lou Cote
    thats strange because TWs says Aug 22- 25th

Speedster Member
    Those dates are not correct, they have been corrected in the March edition of Turning Wheels, unfortunately it takes a while to be correctly posted with printing deadlines. CORRECT DATES: Wednesday August 29 thru Saturday September 1 Tacoma Washington. Lou Cote

THis is great news as I'm a days drive from Seattle and have not been to an international meet since 2005 Spokane .. I'm really looking forward to it ..
    Love my Lark

Speedster Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Folks :

I see by some of the comments that some of our members just don't get it still ,I have been watching this subject since 1988 , we are a dying breed . If you want to attract younger members you DO NOT hold meets in late June or early September . School is still either in and exams are in progress or school is just starting . When are our members with this idea ever going to learn . When I found out that one of our local all makes show was being cancelled after thirty-five years I had to find out why . Guess what it was the same old attitude that our members have about late spring early fall show times , When will people realize the same old crap doesn't always work and think , other opinions just might have some merit .Just an opinion from a long time member .

Old Fart