Thread: Any reputable Studebaker Mechanics or shops in northern NJ

Any reputable Studebaker Mechanics or shops in northern NJ

I just purchased a 1955 E12 3/4 ton Pickup..Its in good shape but i do need to give it a once over at least by someone who Does know these Trucks.I can turn a wrench and remove and replace most but would rather have someone who knows take a shot first.Also trying to figure wher to get a set of non -split wheels that i can put on for normal driving and pull and save the split wheels that are on it. I don't get it.. but It has 6 bolt on 7" Budd wheel w/ 6 - 17.5 rubber on front and 6 Bolt on 7.5" split wheel on back w 235/75 16 with a tube on rear. Any and All help greatly appreciated.
    TY
    Mike K
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My 1955 E12

President Member
    For whatever reason, owners swap and switch stuff around due to CASO-it is or what can be found handy, or what they like.... Don't toss those Budd wheels-guys are looking for them all the time !!! GL Also, if you can turn a wrench, I can't think of a better way of getting "fluent" with a shop manual and a few nights in the garage..... assuming you have garage.....GL

Speedster Member
    You should call Al's Auto Care on NJ Route 12 in Flemington. 908-782-7442 He takes care of my 63 Lark when have an issue I cant handle and he is primo with classic cars.

-George-

I have no intention of tossing the wheels, they will be saved....I plan on driving this truck and would have better piece of mind with something safer on it....I have the garage wish I had a lift.
    My 1955 E12

Ok TY will check him out
    My 1955 E12

President Member
    Contact Larry Bailey located at 3244 Hwy #35 Hazlet, NJ 732-739-9600. Larry has been repairing all vehicles(including trucks) for over 50 years. His shop is adjacent to the Lee Myles Trans Repair in the same building.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    I just purchased a 1955 E12 3/4 ton Pickup..Its in good shape but i do need to give it a once over at least by someone who Does know these Trucks.I can turn a wrench and remove and replace most but would rather have someone who knows take a shot first.Also trying to figure wher to get a set of non -split wheels that i can put on for normal driving and pull and save the split wheels that are on it. I don't get it.. but It has 6 bolt on 7" Budd wheel w/ 6 - 17.5 rubber on front and 6 Bolt on 7.5" split wheel on back w 235/75 16 with a tube on rear. Any and All help greatly appreciated.
    TY
    Mike K

President Member
    You might also try Joe Flannery in Lodi, NJ. PM me if you need his vitals.
    Rob in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by stude1964 View Post
    You might also try Joe Flannery in Lodi, NJ. PM me if you need his vitals.
    Rob in PA.
    TY I will.
    My 1955 E12