Old Studebaker dealership employee selling his 57 Hawk Gorgeous car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Studebaker dealership employee selling his 57 Hawk Gorgeous car

I have a neighbor whom is 84 years old and he was an employee at Hagdorn Studebaker of Lansdale Pa for the longest time and he just informed me that he desires to sell it. The car has only 74,000 original miles on it and it runs and looks like a new car. The car has always been garage kept and just had new Bias ply white walls put on it. I have driven the car personally and it runs like a new car. I was told he had a lot of work he did to it himself having worked on them when they were new at the dealership as he remembers. The car has the original dealership info of where it was bought new including the build sheet. My friend has many memories of those golden years working for the Studebaker dealer. So if anybody out there would be interested in giving his fine Hawk a new home kindly reply or call him direct at 267-347-4026. I believe he is asking $ 29,000 for it . Here is the photos thanks GeorgeClick image for larger version

Name:	018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1750380Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1750381Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	1750382Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1750383Click image for larger version

Name:	016.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1750384Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1750385
    GeorgeMaier

Nice looking Stude!

Comment

not 29000 nice think its on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by acolds View Post
        not 29000 nice

Got to start somewhere!

Comment

Velour seats ? Look good but not correct !Very pricey but may come close to asking price.

Comment

Thanks but the seats are not velour but fabric as this is the way the original owner of the car ordered it from the factory as a special order from the dealer. I says it on the build sheet amazing! I personally think its worth the price because these cars were known for rust but this one is a solid body and I think because it was kept in garages all its life and even now in my neighbor's pole barn.
            GeorgeMaier

Comment

According to the documents ( history ) on this Stude it was bought new at Marks Motors which at the time was a Studebaker dealership in Portland Oregon as what the Original paperwork says and then the first owner after buying it moved to southern California where he had it for decades and then the first owner sold it at the Ponoma California Car auction and show out there where the second owner bought it and put it in his garage in Hemet, California and he had it for a while then my elderly neighbor bought it and put it in his pole barn here and I think he has had it for 15 years.
              GeorgeMaier

Comment

Originally posted by Upperdarbyhawk View Post
                Thanks but the seats are not velour but fabric as this is the way the original owner of the car ordered it from the factory as a special order from the dealer. I says it on the build sheet amazing!
                What does the build sheet call it out as? The term 'velour' for car upholstery was not used by car manufacturers until the 1970's to my knowledge. The closest material would possibly have been broadcloth in those days, and would definitely be 'special order' as Studebaker did not offer it in 1957.

Craig

Comment

Thanks but the seats are not velour but fabric as this is the way the original owner of the car ordered it from the factory as a special order from the dealer. I says it on the build sheet amazing! I personally think its worth the price because these cars were known for rust but this one is a solid body and I think because it was kept in garages all its life and even now in my neighbor's pole barn.
                  George, would it be possible for you to scan and post the Production Order ("build sheet")?
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    What does the build sheet call it out as? The term 'velour' for car upholstery was not used by car manufacturers until the 1970's to my knowledge. The closest material would possibly have been broadcloth in those days, and would definitely be 'special order' as Studebaker did not offer it in 1957. Craig
                    Craig: Be sure to read Jim Donnelly's Hemmings Classic Car column on Page 35 of the April 2016 issue. It's a repeat from HCC#41, but deals with velour as automotive upholstery material.

Quote: "...around 1970, when we discovered velour." BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The special interior in this '57 Silver Hawk would not be precedent setting....we must not forget about the special "all red leather" interior Studebaker prepared for, and the selling dealer had fabricated and installed, in the solid Cambridge Gray '56 Golden Hawk which has been previously discussed on this forum several times!

Comment

The Original Black Vinyl Upholstery shows on the Rear Armrest and the Engine Compartment is re-painted Black, also not correct.

It's a sharp Car but not so Original, with the wrong Interior and possibly a Color change with an incorrect Red Color.

This is a Nice Restored Silver Hawk, just not an Original Car.
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 02-17-2016, 08:50 PM.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I am a buyer

LET ME KNOW WHEN THIS GOES BELOW 20K, AS I SEE THEM SELLING AT 12-14 FOR NICE V8'S AND A 6 IS SELLING RIGHT NOW, SAME LOOK FOR $8600 asking. ira1942@yahoo.com

I have a neighbor whom is 84 years old and he was an employee at Hagdorn Studebaker of Lansdale Pa for the longest time and he just informed me that he desires to sell it. The car has only 74,000 original miles on it and it runs and looks like a new car. The car has always been garage kept and just had new Bias ply white walls put on it. I have driven the car personally and it runs like a new car. I was told he had a lot of work he did to it himself having worked on them when they were new at the dealership as he remembers. The car has the original dealership info of where it was bought new including the build sheet. My friend has many memories of those golden years working for the Studebaker dealer. So if anybody out there would be interested in giving his fine Hawk a new home kindly reply or call him direct at 267-347-4026. I believe he is asking $ 29,000 for it . Here is the photos thanks George[ATTACH=CONFIG]51439[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51440[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51442[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51444[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                          X