Harold Joseph Goepferich Iowa Jan 5, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harold Joseph Goepferich Iowa Jan 5, 2016

Harold Joseph Goepferich, 85, passed away Tuesday, January 5, 2016, at Spurgeon Manor in Dallas Center. Services will be held 11 a.m. Monday, January 11, at Iles-Brandt Chapel in Dallas Center. Burial will follow at Iowa Veterans Cemetery near Van Meter.

Harold was born March 20, 1930, in Deweese, NE, to Victor and Katherine (Heil) Goepferich, the fifth of 15 children. He was raised on a farm near Coffey, MO. Harold served in the US Army during the Korean Conflict, stationed in Germany. Harold married Janice Booram in 1954 and they made their home in Dallas Center where they raised their two sons.

Harold worked as a farm hand for Brenton Farms and at the Dallas Center COOP until retiring. He was a member of the Studebaker Club and the National Campers and Hikers Association. Harold enjoyed restoring cars, dancing, listening to music, helping others and mowing the yard.

Harold is survived by his sons, Terry (Debbie) Goepferich of Des Moines and Bruce (Dena) Goepferich of Dallas Center; grandchildren, Amanda (Josh) Johnson, Jason Goepferich and Ashley (Jason) Carter; great-grandchildren, Landon, Grayson and Hudson Carter, and Teddy Johnson; and his siblings, Rose Terhune, Agnes Warren, Leona Morrow, Theresa Bradfield, Ardella Moody, Mary McNeel, Kenny Goepferich, Betty Grogan and Linda Owens. He was preceded in death by his parents and his siblings, Leo, Reynold, Donald, Patricia McQuerry and Robert.

Contributions may be made to Spurgeon Manor. Online condolences will be welcomed at IlesCares.com.
    Cindy Sale - one-half of Busted & Rusty. Old and In The Way.
    I am not your average fairy godmother!
    Secretary Iowa Hawkeye Chapter SDC - www.facebook.com/IowaStudebakers
    Admin SDC Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/StudebakerDriversClubInc
    Dealer - PPC Best Automotive cleaning products which is ironic since I never clean my own cars but I can tell you how to clean yours!

sigpic

Was Harold in a local chapter?

was Harold in a local chapter?

Peter Crisitello
    Crisitel@rci.rutgers.edu
    T442163
    Crisitel@oit.Rutgers.edu

Comment

Working...
    X