Finally finished 64 R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally finished 64 R1

One of 6 R1 4 spd 64 Daytona Convertibles full package cars.

A bit rusty!

Second hand 4 door floor installed ( red primer) and new hog troughs made and welded in.

Floor finished, seam sealed and sound deadend.

going back onto the refurbished frame.

Replaced with a used trunk floor.... painted.

Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

Had to do two postings!

Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

Comment

Excellent work! And I see a few familiar parts on her.

Chris.

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous, Brian; what a treat to see such a resurrection.

Is the same plan in place for the next-to-last convertible; the 4-speed Laguna Blue specimen from Quakertown, Pennsylvania? Is that car over there yet?

Again, congratulations. The car looks straight and beautiful. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Excellent Brian, I have been waiting to see this finished . what a rare and lovely optioned Car,and Your level of restoration doesn't sway . what year Vette is that in front of the R1 in one picture ?
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Beautiful work.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Great work as usual Brian....I wish the OUTSIDE of my cars looked as good as that trunk floor does!!

Comment

Brian, absolutely beautiful work. Great job on bringing another one back to showroom new shape.

Comment

Thanks Chris for going past and beyond the call of duty to get the parts needed for this car to be ready in time for the show we had here!

Ed, it has come up ok for just an old ACRYLIC LACQUER job!

Jeff, thanks for the comment, its almost as nice as your red 64 hardtop, they would look good parked together!

Joe, I think that was a 66 roadster I was working on at the time in the photo.

But I am having a rest from studies for a while and I am building this 57 vette for my wife. Stroked out the 283 with a 327 crank and duel fours, 4 speed.

Bob, that is the plan with the Laguna Blue 64 and no the car hasn't left Robs yet.
                  He injured his eye a while back and it slowed him up getting the car ready for transport, no rush here, he will give me a call when its ready for pickup to go to Indy.
                  In the mean time I purchased these three Packard Hawks North of you from Michigan City, from Joe Kutch. They will keep me busy!

Brian Greenall
                  Melbourne, OZ
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks Brian, that means a lot to me right now. I am glad to see there are still some guys out there building exceptional cars. People who know quality restoration are saying good things.....

And acrylic paint is still the best when it come to finish, even if it takes 3 times the labor. I was speaking with a big dollar restorer who has built a few cars for Pebble Beach and the old school acrylic method is still the finish of choice amongst the best of the best. Looks like a million dollars on a Bugatti or a 1966 Stude sedan!

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post

Bob, that is the plan with the Laguna Blue 64 and no the car hasn't left Robs yet.

He injured his eye a while back and it slowed him up getting the car ready for transport, no rush here, he will give me a call when its ready for pickup to go to Indy.
                      In the mean time I purchased these three Packard Hawks North of you from Michigan City, from Joe Kutch. They will keep me busy!

OUCH! 'Sorry to hear about Rob's eye; 'hope he is on the mend. He worked so hard to get that Laguna Blue car removed from its certain above-ground grave.

Did any of those northern Indiana Packard Hawks come from the estate of the late Ron Krasik of Clinton IN? I.e., did Joe Kutch perhaps acquire them from Ron several years ago?

I ask because I know Ron's widow disposed of them, with help from SDCer Ernie Loga and myself, but I don't know where they went. They were significant in that Ron had two rough, but stored indoors, Packard Hawks with sequential Body Numbers!

Cool beans, I thought. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Brian
                        Great work! The Laguna Blue car is calling you! All I need to do is get the rear wheels freed up. It's still complete as South Bend delivered it minus some metal thanks to the Northeast winter road salt here in the states. Hopefully you can take care of the missing pieces with the outstanding ability you have to bring this old girl back.
                        Rob in PA.

Comment

You are spot on Bob, those are the PH's I purchased!
                          58LS 1193
                          58LS 1194
                          58LS 1263
                          I thought you would know of them being not to far from you.
                          Ironically I unloaded the first one today. The Shadowtone Red car.

She's not a pretty sight but it is actually a reasonable solid car.
                          Brian Greenall
                          Melbourne, OZ
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                            You are spot on Bob, those are the PH's I purchased!
                            58LS 1193
                            58LS 1194
                            58LS 1263
                            I thought you would know of them being not to far from you.
                            Ironically I unloaded the first one today. The Shadowtone Red car.
                            She's not a pretty sight but it is actually a reasonable solid car.
                            Cool beans, Brian, and congratulations.

You are right; at least the Shadowtone Red car was a lot better than it looks in the photos.

Ron had quite a collection of projects, but at least the ones with some promise were inside a new building, albeit on a partial dirt floor. He had another line of parts cars shedded outside; none worth restoring in my opinion.

It's good to know at least some of them wound up in good homes. BP

Comment

Brian, Question: Are those Serial Numbers you posted? I understood Ron to have had two Packard Hawks with sequential body numbers, not serial numbers, but it has been quite a few years since I saw them, and I didn't take any photos. Two of the numbers you posted are sequential, but they are too high to be body numbers.

They could also have sequential serial numbers, of course; entirely possible. 'Just asking. BP

Comment

Working...
                              X