Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing FI TECH EFI on a 289..... UPDATE: FIRST DRIVE VIDEO....need driveshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a picture of the temp sensor I mentioned back in post #17
    .Click image for larger version

Name:	temp sensor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1701381
    Gary

Comment

garrilla,
      Just a word of warning. That cute little gas filter you have is exactly like the one which nearly burned my 37 coupe up when it a came apart driving on I 80. It did not unscrew.
      The threads just failed and allowed gas to spray over the engine and down the side of the car. I still do not understand why it did not ignite. I wouldn't put another mile on it with that in place if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by garrilla View Post
        Here's a picture of the temp sensor I mentioned back in post #17
        .[ATTACH=CONFIG]49188[/ATTACH]
        I like that... Nice clean install
        Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by 5brown1 View Post
          garrilla,
          Just a word of warning. That cute little gas filter you have is exactly like the one which nearly burned my 37 coupe up when it a came apart driving on I 80. It did not unscrew.
          The threads just failed and allowed gas to spray over the engine and down the side of the car. I still do not understand why it did not ignite. I wouldn't put another mile on it with that in place if I were you.
          What cute little gas filter are you referring to.... The black one that came with the kit? That's the only threaded one I have
          Charles

Comment

Filter looks like a 10 micron marine filter, if so the body is glass, not plastic. They work well, as well as the OEM glass bowl style, or better. I don't like rubber hoses for connectors, but that's just my paranoid self, Stude used rubber on the Avanti set up as did most all manufacturers in the day of carburetors. Many more Fords igniting with the hose next to the distributor than with Stude's rear mounted distributor. But you might want to tighten down that manifold bolt. Before, 11-2-2017 anyway
            Last edited by karterfred88; 11-05-2015, 06:07 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=what huh;954699]Well my one day break turned into 3 but I have updates...

First things first, here are those measurements for karterfred

Thanks, finally found the drawings on their site, took a lot of digging though, now to measure up the AFB with hat, and see where it comes out. Nide job on the T'Stat housing BTW.

Comment

what huh,
                apparently you did not notice that I addressed the warning to garrilla and his picture, not yours.

Comment

garrilla,
                  I had the same problem with one that looked exactly like the one in the picture. Luckily, I notice the puddle of gas under it before I started the engine that day. Looked like a great idea and well built but it didn't turn out that way.
                  Nick

Comment

garrilla,
                    Thank you for the heads up! I'll replace that with a one piece filter.
                    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post
                      Filter looks like a 10 micron marine filter, if so the body is glass, not plastic. They work well, as well as the OEM glass bowl style, or better. I don't like rubber hoses for connectors, but that's just my paranoid self, Stude used rubber on the Avanti set up as did most all manufacturers in the day of carburetors. Many more Fords igniting with the hose next to the distributor than with Stude's rear mounted distributor. But you might want to tighten down that manifold bolt. Before, 11-2-2017 anyway
                      That bolt is where I removed the ground cable for my rewire project. It will be tightened when the cable is put back.
                      Gary

Comment

what huh,
                        apparently you did not notice that I addressed the warning to garrilla and his picture, not yours.
                        oh ...hahaha ok
                        Charles

Comment

Question for you all out there:

I understand the timing aspect of "ING" on the crank pulley as well as the line next to "ING" .

Being that I have install electronic ignition and efi.... Where do you think would be a good place to eyeball that pointer in order to start the motor? I plan on timing it with a light once it is running.

Garrilla,... Do you know off the top of your head where your timing ended up getting set at?
                          Charles

Comment

What Huh-
                            Is Dave T's distributor fully electronic, or still uses vacuum advance and mechanical advance? If so the FITech unit won't be doing the timing, so leave it set where it is normally. If you bought the super whammy one with the two prong plug on the side, you'll need to "lock it down" and let the EFI handle timing and follow one of the "optional" wiring set ups and put away the timing light forever.

Comment

Huuurrrrrryyyyyy up. I'm very excited to find out how the fi tech system works. I want one so bad its crazy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by conrad01 View Post
                                Huuurrrrrryyyyyy up. I'm very excited to find out how the fi tech system works. I want one so bad its crazy.
                                Im working on it.... been layed up in bed. Racked my back and then finished up that ordeal with a cold/flu. I will be back at it soon

Keep your pants on
                                Charles

Comment

Working...
                                X