The new Idaho Potato commercial for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Idaho Potato commercial for 2015

Just saw it this morning, number 4 in a series, with the always excellent looking, red and white, Studebaker truck!

Can the Real Idaho ®Potato Farmer and his trusty Real Idaho® Potato dog finally catch the Big Idaho® Potato Truck when it makes a stop in Boise, Idaho? Featu...

Great ad. Not too happy about the final scene, however. Very funny.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Well done....the way I like my french fries.

Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1700917Click image for larger version

Name:	013.jpg
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1700918Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1700919
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thank you Glen for the wonderful comment! I'd be the owner of that beautiful Studebaker truck! And Commander Eddie, we agree with you - we get teased about having a "studebreaker." For our second commercial it was a lot of fun and great to have a true Idaho truck involved. Also, Studebaker Wheel - agree, well done is the only way to have your Idaho frech fries!

Comment

I loved the first commercial as well. So glad to see your truck is on a roll (pun intended). It is a great gig and great exposure for our Marque!
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

It's great to own a Studebsker truck but to make money with it ......the best of both worlds !
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Here's the link to 'Part 1'-------> http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ato-Commerical

Craig

Comment

The money helps get her (truck) closer to being finished. The interior is next.

Comment

At 0:15, no doubts about the make of the pickup.
                  Mark L

Comment

Great exposure but why did they have to have the great looking truck backfire? Kind of reminds me of a number of years ago an ad had a Studebaker belching smoke.
                    Bill

Comment

Idaho representin!!!

Comment

I've been around long enough to remember when we Studebaker folks were all pretty defensive in defending our position as Studebaker fans.

Those were the days when you often heard "you won't be able to get Parts" comments. To the "unknowing"...Studebaker was a symbol of failure and a target of derision. Could be that this commercial re-awakens that memory for us older members.

I don't know who writes these commercials, but with a little creativity...the next episode could include one of those "WE'D RATHER FIX THAN SWITCH" bumper stickers many of us displayed on our bumpers in the early days after Studebaker quit making vehicles.

Doing so, may provide soothing lotion for us older Studebaker folks harboring tender sore spots. Anyway...by now, we should all have pretty tough skins. After all...this is a commercial about "TATERS"...not the dang truck.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It was fun on the back fire - we had to pull the light bulbs out so my husband could pump the brakes to make it look like it was staling. The smoke is just effects.

Comment

John Clary - Love your comments. I won't let anyone (just my brother) give me a hard time about my truck. i "love" having a Studebaker and I love that i have had little to no problem getting the parts to put her very close to being orginal again. I love the comments i get at car shows about families and their Studebakers and there always positive.
                            I'm of the next generation that was raised correctly to honor a great piece of metal. I'm so happy that in 1994 i was able to buy my truck and even happier she's almost done. Labor of Love!
                            Not sure if they will do another commercial with the Studebaker but I will share your comment with the writer/producer of the current commercial.

Comment

I bet you REALLY have something to talk about at the car shows now. "Hey, this truck is a TV personality"! Everyone knows the Idaho potato truck!
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                              X