Starter wire attachment on 2R17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Starter wire attachment on 2R17

I got 2 of the 3 main wires removed yesterday, but I couldn't get the wire removed from the starter.

It spins because I don't have a thin enough 5/8" wrench that will secure the lower nut while I try to remove the upper nut holding the starter wire on the starter. Is there some other trick I should be trying?

Bicycle shops have thin wrenches, otherwise I'd buy a cheap wrench and grind it thin. Don't try to grab the threaded part with pliers or you'll have a worse mess.

Comment

Thanks. I'm stopping by HF for a compression tester this afternoon, so I'll look for thin wrenches there and if I don't see anything, I'm friends with a local bike co-op and I'll talk to someone there.

Comment

thin spanner

Originally posted by LeoH View Post
        I got 2 of the 3 main wires removed yesterday, but I couldn't get the wire removed from the starter.

It spins because I don't have a thin enough 5/8" wrench that will secure the lower nut while I try to remove the upper nut holding the starter wire on the starter. Is there some other trick I should be trying?
        Most automotive tool stores have thin tappet adjustment tools.

Comment

Originally posted by altair View Post
          I'll keep that in mind in case I can't find something I like at HF, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by altair View Post
            Yes. I think Sears still carries them.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

I'll be able to swing by Sears as it's close to HF.

Comment

Working...
              X