No announcement yet.

need 1960 Hawk front brakes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: need 1960 Hawk front brakes...

Has anyone found a alternative or cross reference to FRONT hawk brakes that are 11" x 2" or 11" x 2 1/4" ? I have thought of finding something close and if I had to drill any holes or grind away material, I would. Any additional parts numbers would be great. Sending them off for relining is an option too. I can find new for $95 but just looking for anything lower in price.

Are you looking for brake shoes or brake drums?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

brake shoes.

Comment

I wasn't aware you could buy NEW front brake shoes for a 60 Hawk anywhere. SI doesn't list them and when I was looking the local flaps didn't have any either. If your present shoes are in good condition just have them relined. The cost isn't prohibitive and it will save you a lot of problems in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by E. Davis View Post
          I wasn't aware you could buy NEW front brake shoes for a 60 Hawk anywhere. SI doesn't list them and when I was looking the local flaps didn't have any either. If your present shoes are in good condition just have them relined. The cost isn't prohibitive and it will save you a lot of problems in the future.
          Actually Studebaker International does list new shoes - 1560103X1 - (page 264) for $95.00/set as stated above. As a dealer, I have been stocking and selling these. When you consider the cost of sending cores back for re- lining, the cost of new shoes isn't quite so bad.

Comment

Find a local shop to do the job for you. Most of the trucking repair shops know where to get this done. You'll probably find a place near you and may save some money in the process.
            sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
              Find a local shop to do the job for you. Most of the trucking repair shops know where to get this done. You'll probably find a place near you and may save some money in the process.
              I second that. Local shops used to reline brake shoes all the time, not so long ago. Any decent sized city should have at least one or two places that still do it.

Chuck Collins usually has relined shoes in stock on an exchange basis. His shipping is fast and inexpensive, and he knows Studebakers.

studebakerparts.com
              Last edited by RadioRoy; 09-30-2015, 08:42 PM.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
              X