Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Hearse available on Vancouver Island, BC

You don't see many of these.

Last edited by Mark L; 09-24-2015, 08:24 PM.
    Mark L

I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
      You do mean "Vancouver" Island don't you Mark?

Stu Chapman

Comment

I rebuilt a water pump on a '39 Stude Hearse for a client last week. Good price but the shipping would kill it (pardon the pun), for me in Oz.
        Matt
        Brisbane
        Australia
        sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Stu, thanks for pointing out my error. I've corrected it.
          Mark L

Comment

Looks like a 1940 Commander to me.

Comment

On a commercial chassis I would not be surprised to see the previous year's chassis being sold as the current model year. Pretty cool car! I used to have several hearses and ambulances. I loved the trucklike utility of them and you could get a nice one really cheaply. I had a 52 Pontiac ambulance. It was a stretched sedan delivery. I also had 51 and 52 Caddy hearses. The 51 was a sweet 40K mile car from North Dakota.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I like it also. It would be great to see it restored, and it would be a good swap meet hauler or camping car.

Comment

If any of you find out where this car ends up, please post updates and photos. I'd love to follow the rebuild of this one!
                  ~Matt Connor
                  '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Now Mark, that really is different. There used to be a Packard Henley hearse in 150 Mile House many moons ago. Has it ever surfaced?
                    Bill

Comment

Very cool car and pretty reasonable. When I young there was someone about a half mile from me who collected hearses including a couple horse drawn ones. We were always creeped out when we had to walk past at night.

Comment

It has Spokane county, Washington state plates on it. Anyone know the history of this very rare vehicle? Allen Barth or Gary Finch are you listening? Yes the hearse is obviously a 1940 model.

Comment

Gary tried to buy it back in 1974 when it was in Spokane.

Comment

OK bring it to me and I will fix it and give each of you ONE ride.

Comment

Main body/window area looks like 39, but the front is 40.

Comment

Working...
                              X