Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Volkswagon In Trouble With The EPA (Defeat Device Found)

i like mine. I believe I will be able to receive about 2500 if I let them convert. If I want to keep it as is I will get nothing, as I understand it. My plan is to wait until some folks get theirs converted then decide. I believe I have more than a year to act.

You can buy a lot of fuel for 2500 if that is the trade off. Giving up the wonderful turbo power though will be tough.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    'Looks like a bit of a storage problem for the repurchased cars!

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...ews-firstshift
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I would buy one in a heart beat if I had to commute for a job. 40-50mpg for one person it better than 18-22 for my wifes buick enclave. Discount them let them be driven until the tires fall off then scrap them or . Just remember if you are allowed to run a older diesel in California then these should be fine. When I was there I saw a lot of 2004 ford 6l (6mpg) and 5.9 cummins (28mpg) and 6.6 durramax (23mpg) billowing black clouds and that's just how they ran at the best of time but that's ok. California should just ban all oil burners and stick to the low mpg gas vehicles because that would be better ??? You buy a diesel for longevity and mileage. I'm now at 437000km and getting 20mpg on average with a 2008 cummins . You barley that out of a gas truck now a day

Silver Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
    i like mine. I believe I will be able to receive about 2500 if I let them convert. If I want to keep it as is I will get nothing, as I understand it. My plan is to wait until some folks get theirs converted then decide. I believe I have more than a year to act.

You can buy a lot of fuel for 2500 if that is the trade off. Giving up the wonderful turbo power though will be tough.
    Question: If you chose to keep it as is and take it to the dealer, is he required to adjust it to the new configuration? It might be a good reason to avoid VW dealers if that's the case. Bob
    , ,

I don't think so.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.