Thread: IDYSD 2015 plus one, 9/13/2015

IDYSD 2015 plus one, 9/13/2015

Well, yesterday, IDYSD it simply poured down all day.
    I tried to make up for it by getting all three out on Sunday and putting at least a few miles on each. Took the '33 to the bank to make an ATM deposit; then the '53 to the grocery store and am just about to drive the '51 to Russell's body shop just for the heck of it. Sorry it didn't happen yesterday but no one who saw them had any clue yesterday was of significance. By the way, in the over quarter of a century I've had these three, this is the very first time I've had them all running in one place at one time. I figured it was a good photo op.

P9130431B.jpg P9130432B.jpg
    "SPREAD YOUR ARMS, HOLD YOUR BREATH...and ALWAYS TRUST YOUR CAPE !" --Guy Clark

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Nice day in Iowa. The Big 6 River Bend Chapter joined the Iowa Hawkeye Chapter for a tour of the Antique Car Museum of Iowa, in Coralville.
    IMG_9156.jpgWe took Historic Route 6 (Grand Army of the Republic Highway)..In it's day it went from Provincetown, MA to Bishop, CA & was the "Grandaddy of cross country highways".IMG_9158.jpg We were held up by a train & had to detour. IMG_9159.jpg We made to dinner. IMG_9189.jpg IMG_9162.jpgWe made it to the museum.IMG_9182.jpg We posed for a photo of all participants (well most of them).IMG_9195.jpg We made it to Walcott, Iowa and the I-80 Trucking Museum. IMG_9197.jpg This wrecker is one of three Studebaker trucks on display.
    We had one minor electrical problem on a modified '63 Stude. and when a '63 Avanti tried to start after that repair... it's newly re-built engine was tight enough that it wouldn't crank over fast enough to fire... a jump provided enough amps and the R-1 fired up & we were on our way.
    It was a great day. Now we need to make plans for next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf Mute View Post
    We took Historic Route 6 (Grand Army of the Republic Highway)..In it's day it went from Provincetown, MA to Bishop, CA & was the "Grandaddy of cross country highways".
    Our Keystone Region Chapter and Kinzua Chapters have logged many a mile on the Highway of the Grand Army of the Republic (Route 6) in its traverse of Pennsylvania. While Route 66, which only ran from Chicago to Los Angeles, has in many spots been totally abandoned, U.S. Route 6 is, for the most part, an intact two lane course across the United States, through hamlets and burghs; not intended for trips not taken at leisure.