Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me add my thanks to Don and Lew for a very well run meet. It was great to get to meet so many of you from the midwest. I hope we do as well next year in Warwick RI. Don't be shy about making suggestions that you think can make for a better meet. Just send me a PM here.
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Thanks for a GREAT meet! What impressed my wife and I most was the locals who attended the concourse. Very nice job getting the word out! Also the hotel people, service people and all restaraunt workers were friendly, we were in awe at the number of St Louis folks who told us "Ferguson IS NOT St Louis, We are." To the folks who stayed home because of fear....you missed one HELL of a meet!

Thanks again to those who made it happen....
      It is an addiction!

Comment

Originally posted by jbwhttail View Post
        Thanks for a GREAT meet! What impressed my wife and I most was the locals who attended the concourse. Very nice job getting the word out! Also the hotel people, service people and all restaurant workers were friendly, we were in awe at the number of St Louis folks who told us "Ferguson IS NOT St Louis, We are." To the folks who stayed home because of fear....you missed one HELL of a meet! Thanks again to those who made it happen....
        BINGO! Right on, Joe.

A good example of the attitude you and Nancy observed was when I asked at the front desk about a new, local craft brewery that was supposedly in the area. My son-in-law is a craft beer enthusiast and I wanted to bring him back an assorted six-pack from a place I knew he would probably never visit.

The fellow at the desk told me where it was a couple blocks away and I thanked him, explaining why I wanted to know where it was. He looked around, saw they weren't busy, and said,"If you want to go, hop in the van and I'll take you up there and wait while you go in to make the purchase!" He directed me to hop in the hotel / chalet's 16-passenger Ford Courtesy Van out front and took me up there all by myself to complete the mission!

He voluntarily discussed Ferguson on the way back, but it would not be politically or culturally prudent to report his comments here. BP
        Last edited by BobPalma; 08-28-2015, 06:27 AM.
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

On behalf of myself, Lew Schucart, Milt Yoder, Ed Meyer, Denny Lang and all the members of the Gateway SDC and AOAI chapters, please accept a huge note of appreciation to those members who attended the 51st SDC International Meet. It was our pleasure to be your hosts. This time instead of being remembered for "heat and hospitality" like 1981, this St. Louis Meet will be remembered as just "hospitality".

Were there glitches, here and there? Yes; and we apologize for any inconvenience. However, each Meet is a learning experience. So if there are any remaining Meet concerns, suggestions or constructive criticisms, please send me an email at donhart@aoai.org.

Thanks and hopefully we will see you in Rhode Island in 2016

Don Hart

Comment

One huge Thank You was forgotten in the previous post. And that goes to Denny and Cindy Foust. Denny is the chair of the International Meet Committee of the SDC. Leading up to the Meet, we could call him anytime with questions and get straight answers. When he arrived at the Meet, the first thing he said was "tell me what I can do for you". Of course, Cindy's main job is to keep Denny between the lines. However, she worked tirelessly at the pre-registration desk at the Meet while also providing guidance and advice to our volunteers. They were a large factor in the success of the 51st International Meet and we can't thank them enough.

Don Hart / Lew Schucart

Comment

Many thanks should go out to the Gateway Chapter for a great job in planning, organizing and host the Meet. I'm sure Don, Lew and Milt, as well as both Gateway chapters put in a ton of work to have the Meet emerge as a very efficiently run event. I enjoyed the Zone Meet held in St. Louis as the "practice run" for the IM as well as thoroughly enjoying the IM. Great job Gateway Chapters, Don, Lew and Milt!!
              sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

http://fox2now.com/2015/08/19/drivin...s-at-westport/.
                Lew Schucart
                Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

'Nice clip, Lew; thanks for the link. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'll add another positive response. Great location. The layout was also good, with lots of vendors. As said above, the great attitude of all made it work. This included local SDC folks and the staff of all businesses we visited it St. Louis.
                    Perry
                    \'50 Business Champion
                    \'50 Starlight Champion
                    \'60 Lark Convertible,
                    \'63 GT R1,
                    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Working...
                    X