1oldtimer, 1960 Lark Regal 4dr Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1oldtimer, 1960 Lark Regal 4dr Wagon

I just bought my first Studebaker, it's a 1960 Lark Regal 4dr wagon with what looks like to be it's second paint job. Interior looks like it might be original and in very good condition, somewhere along the line somebody put in shoulder harness seat belts . The front sheetmetal was replaced at one time with Deluxe trim, but that can go back. It's a 259, Flight o matic, power steering car with a 3.07 rear diff. Runs good, drives good just needs a little work. I bought it off Ebay and picked it up in Arizona.

Last edited by 1oldtimer; 04-29-2016, 04:34 PM.

Dan, congrats on your first Studebaker!!

Now, we need pictures. We realty like pictures here.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I'm parting out a '60 Lark wagon, if I can help with parts call me. 310-645-3438 at LAX.

Comment

I was reading the rules and didn't want to get to picture heavy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	1708217Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1708214Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1708211Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	1708215Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1708212Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1708216Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1708213Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1708210
        Last edited by 1oldtimer; 08-07-2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	lark-3.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1699858Click image for larger version

Name:	lark-4.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1699859

Comment

Great looking car. I don't understand the () sad face about the shoulder harness belts. Years ago, our club made a rule that no judging points are to be deducted from anything added to our cars for safety.

The only downside to adding belts, in most states, if they are there, you can get a ticket for NOT using them.

Enjoy your wagon, it should be fun hauling groceries, attending car events, or a Sunday drive!
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Oh yeah, really nice car Dan! Where was it shipped to originally? Should be on your production order.
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Dan, looks like You found a nice solid "well intact" Lark Wagon. good chance it spent all or most of it's life out West
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

It was shipped to Reno NV originally. wound up in Northern Cal where the person I got it from bought it and he took it to Arizona. The Sad face is that I don't like the look of the shoulder belts and they had to cut holes in the interior to do it. The car is mainly for the Girlfriend but some parts hauling might be in it's future. Had to borrow my moms truck to pick it up in, I still haven't finished the trailer hitch on my panel truck.......I guess it's a good thing as the panel has no A/C.

Comment

Originally posted by 1oldtimer View Post
                    The Sad face is that I don't like the look of the shoulder belts and they had to cut holes in the interior to do it.
                    Sometimes you have to make small concessions for the sake of safety. In the pictures, the shoulder harnesses don't seem to jump out at you - they look pretty unobtrusive.
                    Paul
                    Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

'Nice wagon; congratulations and welcome to the SDC Wagon World. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I will, I do need a few parts.

Thanks Doug.

Comment

Welcome 1oldtimer and congrats on a really nice original car. You can even boast that it has the BP battery hold down! Stick around and you'll see what I mean.
                          Enjoy,
                          Cheers, Bill

Comment

Thats a well optioned wagon! Although no mention of the headrests on the production sheet so they may well have been fitted by the dealer which would not have been unusual. An attractive vehicle in well preserved condition, have fun!

Chris.

Comment

Where do you find the option numbers with descriptions?.

Comment

Working...
                              X