No announcement yet.

1oldtimer, 1960 Lark Regal 4dr Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the narrow and long Black gadget someone added on the Firewall over the Voltage Regulator?

UPDATE: OK, I zoomed it in more, now I can tell it's a Studebaker Accessory Windshield Washer Bag Bracket.
    It also has some W/S Washer Parts there, but not the S/P Fluid Bag, Cap and Hose Fittings.

The P.O. says "Electric Winds." so it came from the Factory with the "Deluxe" washer that starts the Wipers for you when you press the Manual bellows squirter under the Pedal.

An EXTREMLY Well Equipped Wagon!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 09-07-2015, 10:15 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It does have squirters on the cowl, then what's that bracket next to the battery. Also I've replace the control arm bushings, rear leaf bushings, putting the Turner front disc and dual master kits on and also swappping the rear to an 8" (keeping the Dana 44 just in case). For a daily driver it's too hard and $$$ to get drums and other brake parts. The front panel has undercoating on it that matches the fenders, so I doubt the front panel has been replaced. The headlight rings didn't have the factory white under the repaint white like the rest of the car, so I'm thinking that the chrome headlight rings were removed at the second paintjob and so was the chrome around the grille (rusted or not liked?). I found some chrome rings and put them on, looks better, now to find the chrome trim around the grille and a rear bumper/panel under rear bumper.Click image for larger version

Name:	engine-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1708209
      Last edited by 1oldtimer; 08-07-2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Note this in Post # 16:

"I zoomed it in more, now I can tell it's a Studebaker Accessory Windshield Washer Bag Bracket."
        StudeRich
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

So the bracket over the voltage regulator is the wiper washer fluid bag?, the bracket next to the battery looks like a washer bottle holder also. The u joints both had the straps on them (and no zerk fittings), so maybe the 83k on the odometer is the real miles.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	17ab.JPG
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1700627Click image for larger version

Name:	18ab.JPG
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1700628

Comment

Your bracket next to the battery appears to be for an aftermarket coolant recovery jar.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I certainly appreciate your choice in wagons! We lucked into ours 3 years ago after starting to look for a 60s sedan. Since my wife and I both learned to drive in a 60 Lark VI sedan, it was kismet this car came up while we were shopping around.

I have to warn you though, I was glad we got a wagon as I expected to be using mine as a nearly daily driver and wanted to use the wagon part, but now, I use it too much so I'm in the process of getting a '53 truck resurrected so I use THAT for hauling things instead. You have been forewarned about the start of a collection you didn't realize would happen.

Comment

New ones, still waiting to finish the hubcaps. I wonder if the bracket next to the battery is for the washer fill glass bottle. BTW I found the correct '60 horn button.

Name:	outside-1.jpg
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1703175

Name:	outside-2a.jpg
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1703176Click image for larger version

Name:	outside-3.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1703177

Comment

Nice wagon! I have a '61 four door regal wagon, but it has dual headlights. Maybe '60-'61 was a transition year for that?
                  Chip
                  '63 Cruiser
                  '57 Packard wagon
                  '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                  '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

The 61 Lark was the first year dual headlights were available and they were an option. The 59 and 60's were nearly identical except for the grille pattern and the turn signal surround and the taillights. The parts will all interchange between 59 and 60, just slightly different designs. The 61 had many differences in the body.
                    Dis-Use on a Car is Worse Than Mis-Use...
                    1959 Studebaker Lark VIII 2DHTP

Comment

Originally posted by BILT4ME View Post
                      The 61 Lark was the first year dual headlights were available and they were an option. The 59 and 60's were nearly identical except for the grille pattern and the turn signal surround and the taillights. The parts will all interchange between 59 and 60, just slightly different designs. The 61 had many differences in the body.
                      Dual headlights were standard, not optional, on all 1961 Lark Regal models. On 1961 Lark Deluxe models, single headlights were standard and dual headlights were optional.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

One more with the new hubcaps......to us it's a Studebaker logo to some others it's a Pepsi logo .
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by 1oldtimer; 08-07-2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

The Square bracket behind the battery is as Warren said, for an aftermarket Coolant overflow system.

The Bracket on the Firewall is the Windshield washer Bag Bracket.

What did the unusual Wheelcovers used to belong to, if anything?
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The hubcaps are from a '71-'72 Chevy Impala, they were the only ones I could find that I liked and were flat (major offset rear wheels). Found a place online that makes center cap stickers covered in resin and sent them a Studebaker logo. I didn't realize I posted the washer bottle comment twice, sorry.
                            Last edited by 1oldtimer; 01-17-2016, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I forgot to add the new heater control valve set-up.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by 1oldtimer; 08-07-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

This is the Studebaker Vendor universal 3/4 Inch Hose, Ball Valve replacement, that should last basically forever.

That is a neat installation with a very special replacement "U" Turn hose to fit nicely.

Just remember "Out" on the "Heat" Knob is OFF and "IN" is ON, just backwards of the original.
                                StudeRich
                                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                                X