Tom Stephany 1935 - 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Stephany 1935 - 2004

Tom Stephany (aka Snurdley, Ol' Snurd, Professer Dork - all comic aliases he concocted for himself), passed from this world today - Dec. 2nd, 2004. He'd suffered for roughly 5 months from a cancer that had impacted his spine. Tom was a long-time proponent of Studebakering and had a really sweet, hot 1963 Cruiser in most recent years.
    Tom's survived by his wife, Vickie and their sons. Our condolences to them in their time of loss. The world of Studebakering is somewhat poorer as of this day as well.
    Those who knew Tom were fortunate enough to share his wit and imagination. It's safe to say that he was loved and respected by many folks besides those of his family.
    If there's a positive side to his passing, it's that the frustration and suffering he's known over the past few months has ended. Rest in Peace, Snurdley. You're never totally gone so long as folks remember you. Given that, you'll be around for some time yet, Tom.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Update on the arrangements for Tom, from Ted Harbit.....

The arrangements are at Carlisle and Sons, High Street, Mooresville, Indiana, 317-831-2080. Visitation from 2pm to 8pm on Sunday, December 5, 2004. Services are at 2 p.m. on Monday December 6, 2004.

Sonny
      Sonny
      http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

FYI: Here's Tom's obituary as it appeared in the Indianapolis Star.

Stephany, Thomas Gregg

Thomas Gregg Stephany 69, Martinsville, died December 2, 2004. He retired with the rank of Chief Master Sgt. (E9) in 1995 from the United States Air Force Reserve, after 42 years. He retired in 1997 after 17 years as Fleet Manager for Wishard Hospital, Indianapolis, Indiana. Survivors include his mother, Katherine H. Anderson Stephany; wife, Vickie Lynn Cook Stephany; sons: David Wayne, Scott Thomas, William Robert and Michael Andrew Stephany; step-son, W. Tom Cook; daughters, Nancy Kay Tolle and Donna Lynn Katherine Stephany; brother, Bob A. Stephany; 14 grandchildren. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, December 6 at Carlisle & Son Funeral Chapel, Mooresville, with calling there 2 to 8 p.m. Sunday, December 5. Burial: I.O.O.F. Cemetery, Waverly, IN.

-Webmaster
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota
        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

To all that either wrote came by or just sent there support for Tom,snurd or how ever he was known to so many .. thanks for the support that was given to our family..to Bob and Ted you both ment alot to my Pops and he loved to friendship that he shared with the two of you as with many of you that I dont know ---Be rest assured he will be with us all watching to make sure we polish --clean or just try to make our cars look as good as his---
          For me it will be a rememberance of him holding his red suspenders reminding me not to turn the red bulb on on that darn tree..
          Snurdley will be back at the track this year--wont be on a stud yet but the brand X as you call it-- But the blue oval was his only other brand--Ted we will see you there...
          Snurds son
          Scott

Comment

Attaboy Scott...
            Snurdley wouldn't have wanted it any other way!
            Jeff

quote:Originally posted by snurds son

To all that either wrote came by or just sent there support for Tom,snurd or how ever he was known to so many .. thanks for the support that was given to our family..to Bob and Ted you both ment alot to my Pops and he loved to friendship that he shared with the two of you as with many of you that I dont know ---Be rest assured he will be with us all watching to make sure we polish --clean or just try to make our cars look as good as his---
            For me it will be a rememberance of him holding his red suspenders reminding me not to turn the red bulb on on that darn tree..
            Snurdley will be back at the track this year--wont be on a stud yet but the brand X as you call it-- But the blue oval was his only other brand--Ted we will see you there...
            Snurds son
            Scott
            DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
            '61 Hawk
            '37 Coupe Express
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
            X