Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Motor Mounts for 1959 Lark Hardtop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Replacement Motor Mounts for 1959 Lark Hardtop?

59S J6 is the model of the car. 3 speed w/ OD.

The missus and I found out all of our motor mounts are shot. Trying to replace them now and have two questions: If every motor mount is shot, do I only need 2x front and 2x rear? I cannot seem to find anything about separate transmission mounts in the parts manuals at http://www.studebaker-info.org/tech/...64chassis.html. And two, does anyone have parts numbers for direct replacements of these? I have looked and cannot seem to turn them up anywhere (ebay, napa, jc whitney, google, several studebaker NOS part sites).

It looks like from the parts manual we need 2 front and 2 rear (#'s 532331 and 1548274).

Thanks for your patience and help in putting this car back together.

1960 Lark Regal VIII (60V-W6), Oasis Green

Based purely on the pictures these about look right, but I don't know the measurements of anything or where to find the measurements of the original mounts.

Comment

Nick, Studebaker International has #533296 - this must replace original #. they are used front and rear for your application.(this is on page 164)
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Nick, check Your pm box "upper right corner" for SI's contact info.
        Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
        Nick, Studebaker International has #533296 - this must replace original #. they are used front and rear for your application.(this is on page 164)
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Front mounts should be 1.3125" tall.

Comment

Do I need a separate transmission mount?
            Last edited by 60lark8; 07-28-2015, 05:23 AM.

Comment

No, you don't need a separate transmission mount. There are only four mounts for the engine and transmission.Two at the engine and two under the bellhousing.

Len

Comment

Nick, as in post #4 You'll need (4) of these mounts #533296 - check Your pm box,I sent You SI's info.
                Originally posted by 60lark8 View Post
                Do I need a separate transmission mount?
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

You might want to go with the type with a bolt running through the middle, as has became popular here recently. The motor's torque has been known to shred the OEM style mounts

Comment

We are talking about a SIX Cylinder Engine here folks, NOT the '60 Lark VIII shown!

Do NOT use the R3 High Performance Avanti short V8 Mounts INS011.

The 90 HP Six will never pull the replacement Mounts apart.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I think We're all on board here this is a 59S Lark Hard Top as the Title says
                      Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      We are talking about a SIX Cylinder Engine here folks, NOT the '60 Lark VIII shown!

Do NOT use the R3 High Performance Avanti short V8 Mounts INS011.

The 90 HP Six will never pull the replacement Mounts apart.
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
                      X