This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of plans

I will not be coming to St Louis after all. I have a chance to spend a week with my 81 year old brother who I have not visited in a couple years.

I have a room reserved at the host hotel with 2 double beds. I will be cancelling it soon, if someone would like to have it, send me a private message so we can work out details.

Sorry to miss you guys, I am sure you will have a great time.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Sorry to hear you will not be able to make it
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

My Hotel reservation has been cancelled. If someone is looking for one at the SDC rate there should be one available.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Down to just two of us right now. Mel France will trailer his 34 so if we have a problem we can put mine on the trailer and drive his. We would love to have more join us. We are just a couple of weeks away. You can contact me if you want to go. Maybe knowing a trailer will be on the trip might make you feel more comfortable about the drive. I know I feel safer.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Famous words from SDC member Steve Hudson: "With a AAA card and a Visa card you can drive anywhere in a Studebaker." It's all part of the adventure. I'm sure your trip and the IM will be memorable. Sorry I won't be with you, I've started thinking about South Bend in 2017.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA

Comment

South Bend 20017 is on my bucket list.
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

That's pretty ambitious!

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                South Bend 20017 is on my bucket list.
                You'll be pretty old by then!
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948
                http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I don't blame you, Pat. I'd really rather spend vacation time with an 81-year old, than spend money on $100+ hotel rooms, city traffic, greasy restaurant meals, etc., etc., etc. , in the most crime-ridden city in the USA. All that hassle. But--no "speed competition", because we can't afford to be held liable!

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie View Post
                    I don't blame you, Pat. I'd really rather spend vacation time with an 81-year old, than spend money on $100+ hotel rooms, city traffic, greasy restaurant meals, etc., etc., etc. , in the most crime-ridden city in the USA. All that hassle. But--no "speed competition", because we can't afford to be held liable!
                    The event is being held in St. Louis County and not in the City of St. Louis where most crime in this area occurs.
                    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                    1961 Hawk 4-speed
                    1967 Avanti
                    1961 Lark 2 door
                    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie View Post
                      My decision had nothing to do with the locale or the experience and everything to do with priorities and opportunities, present and future.
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA

Comment

I live 1/2 mile away from the meet headquarters. I haven't been shot, robbed, stabbed, run over or beaten. I must be doing something wrong?
                        As for greasy food, there are several very fine restaurants in the complex, and I can personally show you a dozen within 5 miles that will blow your socks off.
                        Bez Auto Alchemy
                        573-318-8948

Comment

Well, that is fine, Pat. Idon't fault you for doing what you want to do. My comment has to do with holding car meets in high-rent, high-traffic, high crime urban areas, where there is too much expense associated with such an environment. I just know I am subjecting myself to the usual "pile-on" here, for raising an issue. I realize some people value sending the folks back home a postcard of a Hi-rise $100/night hotel they stayed in. But still, it does not prove me wrong--in fact, such defensiveness actually validates my point. The point being: Do not hold Car Meets in locales where land is valued by the square foot.
                          Last edited by Reggie; 07-28-2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

A restaurant that "blows my sox off"? What do they serve--a $20 plate of beans? Eat to Live, not Live To Eat.
                            Last edited by Reggie; 07-28-2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Actually, it's a $25 plate of beans. Not every Missourian is a CASO. No on is under any obligation to stay anywhere. Go to ANY MAJOR CITY, and price out a GOOD hotel room. I dare ya!. One could always sleep in the back seat of their car at Walmart!.
                              Not everyone enjoys watching grass grow. OOOh look another cow. Well, that's it tour's over. Not gonna happen.
                              The point is they are held so there are places to go and attractions to interest. That is why they were more than a day long meet.
                              If all you want is to sit in the hot sun and talk cars, then show up for one day and move on. Don't berate those who want more out of it.
                              Bez Auto Alchemy
                              573-318-8948

Comment

Working...
                              X