1951 Commander Starlight Coupe Rear Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 Commander Starlight Coupe Rear Bumper

Sent my rear bumper out to Forrester's for rechrome. Jerry tells me it is not salvageable. For one thing there is a bend that will always look wavy. So - anyone have a good 51 Coupe rear bumper? Want to match my original (horizontal member with two verticals). Thanks. Russ
    Attached Files

Try Roy Valdez he might have one.

Dean.

Comment

Richard Lindsey in Ohio has them already chromed.

Comment

I believe 50 champion and all 52's use the same bumper, the 52 bumper holes may be different
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

50-52 bumpers will interchange, but 51-2 are slightly different on edges. I can sell you a ready to install bumper for your car for $375.00 w/o core or I can straighten your old one to perfection. A good core is $55.

Comment

Thanks to all for the comments!
            Russ

Comment

Originally posted by RNB22Stude View Post
              Sent my rear bumper out to Forrester's for rechrome. Jerry tells me it is not salvageable. For one thing there is a bend that will always look wavy. So - anyone have a good 51 Coupe rear bumper? Want to match my original (horizontal member with two verticals). Thanks. Russ
              I was not going to reply to this thread. I was going to let it slide. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought I needed to say something.

When I told you the bumper was bent, you said FedEx must have done it because you didn't notice it when you removed it from the car. And now you post a picture of the bent bumper before boxing it up for FedEx.

There's no way you could not have known this bumper was bent when you pulled it off the car. the end of the bumper had to have been sticking out from the side of the cat at least 4 inches.

And when you said those guards are 'small guards' and tried to beat me down on the price of the job. I knew I was through with this job.

You need to either buy a finished bumper from Barry or have FedEx pick up the bumper and guards you sent me and deliver them to Barry for refinishing. I'm sure he has a '51 or '52 Stude he can test fit the bumper on after straightening it to make sure it fits correctly before sending it to the tanks for plating.
              I don't have a '51 or '52 Stude to test fit it on.
              I'm sorry we can't do business, but have a nice day.
              I'm getting too old for this crap.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Yes, I have them in stock. But it looks like you got it handled.

Comment

The personal damage is done and I do regret that Jerry. No one cares about dirty laundry, so...The End. I'll make FedEx arrangements and confirm with you.

Comment

52 studebaker champion.

I'm looking for bumpers also. They don't have to be perfect I'm just setting it up for now. I also need a grille for it
                    Last edited by gthorn; 06-22-2015, 02:29 PM. Reason: wrong name

Comment

Roy, I'm looking for bumpers for a 52.Do you have any non perfect used ones? Gary

Comment

Gary, I have a 1952 champion setting here. It has a rear bumper on it. What do you want to do?

Comment

I pm d you Roy Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X