Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint color/type for '64 Hawk wheel

Hello,
    I have a '64 Studebaker GT Hawk with a bent rim on the driver's side rear wheel. I have another rim to put on it, but need to paint it first. I'm wondering what type of paint or spray paint one would recommend for the rim. I'm in a bit of a time crunch as I'm trying to get ready for a car show next weekend and with work schedule next week, need to paint the rim this weekend. I did see another post on the forum - http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...85-Wheel-paint - so I'll likely look for Regular Automotive Enamel in Almond color (beige) as indicated if I can find at a parts store. I am at best a novice when it comes to Studebakers (my dad was a Stude collector) and cars in general so I wanted to make sure what I paint it with is a good approach before doing so. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.
    Last edited by bbstudegal; 06-12-2015, 07:07 AM. Reason: forgot word

Getting it right, and by next weekend probably will not work.

The Studebaker Vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com have the Beige, off white '62 to '64 wheel paint that may or may not be a match for whatever over the years has been put on the other 3, but the problem is timing, it will most likely take 5 Days depending on where you live, unless you use UPS Overnight or 2nd. Day Air and Aerosol Cans can't go Air, so maybe that limits it to the Quart Can of sprayable Enamel.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

OK - thanks StudeRich.

Comment

Another option (although more expensive) is to take the car (or at least one of the wheels) to an automotive paint supply store. They can mix you a pint of paint that will match your existing wheels. They can also sell you one of these...

...to apply the paint and they can tell you how to prep the new wheel for paint.
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
        X