My SPECIAL CHAMP 7E9, from ARGENTINA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SPECIAL CHAMP 7E9, from ARGENTINA

HELLO, I WRITE FROM ARGENTINA AND THIS IS MY SPECIAL STUDEBAKER CHAMP 7E9, (1962) imported and assembled in my country by the company "LOS CEDROS S.A."

Click image for larger version

Name:	9853-studebaker-champ-1962-d_zpsssmf9tqt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1746978 Click image for larger version

Name:	1399250488618_zpsa7srl1eu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1746979
    Attached Files

Thats a nice looking truck! Its a shame the Argentine plant couldn't supply South Bend with those stylish rear cargo beds.

Chris.

Comment

Great truck Nataliov! How long have you owned this truck?
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
        Great truck Nataliov! How long have you owned this truck?
        R1lark Hello, I have this truck since 30 May 2011. In a few days will be his birthday number 4 with me.

Comment

Thanks for posting that. I've always been interested in those unique pickup boxes made for the South American market.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
            Thats a nice looking truck! Its a shame the Argentine plant couldn't supply South Bend with those stylish rear cargo beds.

Chris.
            Chris, It truly is a shame. personally I like the rear cargo beds that used in my country. And I do not understand why they did not use in USA these trucks that among other virtues have independent front suspension, and I could compete with "El Camino" of Chevrolet and "Ranchero" Ford.

Comment

Craig, The Champs, came to Argentina without the rear box, and that were manufactured here, and although many think it is the case of Ford 1962, only bears a resemblance, its size is different and so is the entrance to the fuel tank. Thank you.

Comment

With your comment about independent front suspension, the passenger car grille and passenger car bumper fit to the body as opposed to how the U.S. truck bumpers don't fit the body, I wonder if a truck body was put on a passenger car frame or a passenger car made into a ute like Australians create.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                  With your comment about independent front suspension, the passenger car grille and passenger car bumper fit to the body as opposed to how the U.S. truck bumpers don't fit the body, I wonder if a truck body was put on a passenger car frame or a passenger car made into a ute like Australians create.
                  Doug ..., these trucks 7E9, were armed on heavy-duty chassis Lark (for taxi). That is why the bumpers, front grille, are the same as the Lark. It also has the gas tank on the back, as the cars and carry the load input is at the rear side of the rear box. The 7E9 only were exported, none circle the streets of USA.
                  (sorry for my english... I speak spanish)

Comment

Very nice truck! and thank you for sharing your photographs. Very interesting, have you ever seen any of those Packard pick up trucks manufactured for the South American market?
                    Don't apologize for your English, it's better than some I've heard and read here in the States!
                    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

We would like to see more detailed photographs. We are very interested in these trucks and have very little info on them. Also would like to see other Studebakers in Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                        Very nice truck! and thank you for sharing your photographs. Very interesting, have you ever seen any of those Packard pick up trucks manufactured for the South American market?
                        Don't apologize for your English, it's better than some I've heard and read here in the States!
                        Hello, 57 Pack ... I have not seen one of the Packard trucks, but I have a picture of one with an inscription on the door that shows that came to Argentina. I was able to write with a member of the family that had bought, but did not know much about her. I'll get the photo to be included. Thank you very much for your interest.

Comment

Originally posted by 70Avanti2 View Post
                          We would like to see more detailed photographs. We are very interested in these trucks and have very little info on them. Also would like to see other Studebakers in Argentina.
                          www.studebaker-en-castellano4.webnode.com.ar. Thank you very much for your interest and apologize for my English.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation on how those trucks were built.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                              Hello, 57 Pack ... I found the photo that you had commented. It is a STUDEPACKARD. The guy who sent me the photo is Miguel Cestona and also who is in the photo, the truck was his family who had a DODGE agency. And Studepackard was used for technical service. At the door the name of the family business is, and in the center the word "DODGE". "Approved services".
                              I have another picture of a newspaper article, which explains that the name change. When I find it I will post it. regards
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X