Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOVE it or HATE it? (New Member, First post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruby63_GT_Hawk View Post
    Thanks sal! I figured if the look resonated anywhere it'd be with you SoCal folks! You can actually get them in Red directly from Detroit Steel...multiple sizes of course (their custom backspacing was the only way I could make it work with no rubbing and the proper stance...maybe you even go with a low-pro white wall.
    sals54

Comment

Originally posted by ed ellis View Post
      Like the wheels? Don't like the wheels? Who cares? I think I speak for everyone when I say everyone of us is glad to have you, your family and your car in the SDC. Welcome!
      BINGO! Thanks, Ed. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

LOVE it or HATE it?

That wagon would look AWESOME with a set!! Got a pic from the side?

Attached Files
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

If it was my car, I'd keep it stock. But that's just me.

However, since you have both sets of wheels. You can easily blend in with both types of car shows. Both Studebaker and Rat Rod car shows.
          sigpic
          51 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser

Comment

I would paint the inner wheel portion to match the car and leave the outer rim the brite white. I do like the wheels total look.

Comment

It seems there is another out there with a similar taste as you. Enjoy your car.

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Since you asked...
                I don't like either the wheels or tires.
                I like aftermarket wheels a lot, just don't like those.
                I never think O-ring tires look good on something that wasn't designed to have them, just my opinion.

But who cares, it's your car do what you like, and have fun.

Comment

Congratulations on your new car! It really looks slick. Do they make a small outer trim ring for the wheels? It should really handle well with a stock rear sway bar. Welcome to the Forum.
                  My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                  sigpic
                  Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
                  in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    What, you do not like one of the MOST beautiful Wheelcovers EVER made? The '53 to '55 Full Wheel Covers how could you not like one without all the Made and Model Lettering all over it like the Big 3 had?

The 1953-1955 Wheelcovers -just The Best EVER, on any Car!
                    The Avanti Wheel Cover -Beautiful
                    The '51-'52 Plain full Moon with the Crest, -very Classy!
                    The '64 Wheel Cover -very High Class
                    The 1957 Wheel Covers, both Standard and Spoked Type -very Rich Looking.

All some of Best and well designed in the Industry, and always High Quality real Stainless Steel.

Maybe you just do not like Wheelcovers!

Wheelcovers and Whitewalls is what completed "the Look" of 1950's and 1960's Cars, without either they just look CHEAP.
                    I couldn't agree more with you. The '53-55 wheel covers are not only beautiful and unique, they make a period correct car a true Studebaker. Just doesn't look right without them, in my biased opinion.
                    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

I was ready to like them a lot until I blew up the pics and saw the ultra low profile tires on them. I agree the stock wheel covers suck though. Perhaps a nice set of five spokes in traditional sizes or some of those nifty halibrand mags that are all the rage now.
                      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I too prefer the original wheels, but I applaud you on your choice of wheels. I have never seen another set like them. I like that you dare to be different, like most Studebaker owners. To me wheels are the easiest thing to change if a person wants to. In the end, it is your car and you can do whatever you like with it! If those wheels are the ones you love, Roll With Them!

Comment

Well I was suprised with the look of your car but the more I looked at the more I like it. A new look for an old car.

Comment

Working...
                          X