Axle Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axle: Axle Seals

Would like to get current parts number for inner, outer and pinion seals for Dana 44 single track. For a 61 Champ 1/2 ton.
    Kim

Axle Seals:

The common to all Model 44 Dana's Pinion Seal, Inner Seals and MAYBE the Outers (they are NLA) if any are left will be at:

Last edited by StudeRich; 05-06-2015, 08:27 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bringing this back up and gonna pass on part numbers in case someone else may need them. In Columbia Tn. we have a parts store that's been there since 1932. The son of original owner still operates it. Took old seals in and got that way. I've trial fitted them and are correct.
      Nat 4711835 Inner $8.63 ea
      Nat 4722924 Outer $11.43 ea
      As Rich says pinion is common. I haven't gotten it out yet so haven't purchased it.
      Don't know how many years This diff was used in Studebaker Trucks, again passing them on.
      Ebay vendors have inners priced at 24 to 26.00 each.so needless to say gald I didn't pull the trigger on them last night, but I was close.
      Kim

Comment

If the Old Parts Store had those Outer Seals in stock and did not order them from a Warehouse they may be near or THE last available.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If I remember correctly the felt that goes in the outer rear seals is also the same as used in the timing cover on champ engines! Studebaker knew how to save money
          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
          1961 Hawk 4-speed
          1967 Avanti
          1961 Lark 2 door
          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Working...
          X