Looking for new caretaker - 1963 Lark Daytona 2-door hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh, uh,

Not taking that bait. I've voiced my opinion. I don't see a need to argue about it and that's my last word.
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
      Correct, Mike. I'm speaking as a dealer. Which means, constructive advice, even if it's not what somebody wants to hear.

This is a 6 cylinder, not an 8. It's an automatic, not a stick, which would be more desired with a 6. It needs rust repair, a paint job, and interior. Look at comparables that have actually sold: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Restored-/33...p2047675.l2557 How about one already restored for $7K: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Restored-/33...p2047675.l2557 Or a little closer comp: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NO-RESERVE-6...p2047675.l2557 Or, how about the R1 Cruiser currently listed that as of this writing still can't hit $3K?

I deal in facts and reality- not emotions and wishes. That just doesn't work. Were you not so quick to jump in whenever I post, you would realize that. And were you neutral, as a moderator is supposed to be, you would understand that my opinion is coming from a helping standpoint. But, it is what it is.
      But Bob, in all fairness, your comparables are not comparable. You selected a 65 2 door sedan and a 63 plain jane 2 door sedan to go head to head with a 2 door hardtop. We all know the hardtops will almost always sell for more money than a 2 door post car when all other things are equal. As a wheeler dealer myself, I would not pay that much for the either, but for an end user, that should be a pretty fair "asking price".
      sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
        I would not pay that much for the either, but for an end user, that should be a pretty fair "asking price".
        Thank you

To hear that from you works for me. The past several years has shown JDP and yourself has had good success at finding decent cars and reselling them where everyone is pleased.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          Thank you

To hear that from you works for me. The past several years has shown JDP and yourself has had good success at finding decent cars and reselling them where everyone is pleased.

Craig
          sals54

Comment

Will now be listed on other sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Effie View Post
              Will now be listed on other sites.
              I wish you good luck in finding a buyer. After 40 plus years handling automobile appraisals, including arbitrations on value for insurance companies, best way to find a basic asking price is to collect as many "for sale" ads for very similar cars going back a year. Add them up, take the average, and you'll have a starting place. If the car in question is something more desired (2 Dr Cpe V8 A/T) add 25% if less desired (6cyl, A/T 4 Dr Sdn) 10% more and be willing to negotiate. Remember too high a window sticker will get no interest. That's why most E-Bay sales that result in actual sales, start at $200 and hope the bidding gets up to the reserve. If the reserve's too high, it won't sell. The next time and the time after, everyone interested knows what you want, but isn't willing to pay that, so you're stuck with trying something else. Please know and remember, it doesn't matter what we think a car is worth, it's what someone is willing to pay at the time we want to sell it. If the past market says this is a $3500.00 car then it's not likely to bring $7,000.00. Price guides are for the most part, worthless. For instance the guide may say a 3 year old car is worth $20,000.00, but you can buy a brand new one with incentives and new car warranty-for $22,000.00 Happens all the time!! NADA black book used by many states to tax your newly acquired used classic car, will almost always show a value 2 to 3 times what you paid for it, and make you fight to get them to accept the amount on your bill of sale. Nobody ever reads, or wants to read, the fine print, regarding condition, needed work, if just a driver, possibly a restorable car, or even barely drivable and actually worthless. Buyers read the fine print, sellers ignore it!

Comment

Working...
              X