Randy Wilkin's M5 project is Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Wilkin's M5 project is Done!

This is my M16 $99 e-bay project that I am changing to a M5 pickup. Original motor,trans.,fenders, heater and other items went to get other trucks on road. truck was missing all grilles,all trim and had a caved in top. this truck now has a tame 350 Chevy,700r4overdrive,and 3:73 limited slip 12 bolt rear. Has A.C.,power steering,power disc brakes and tilt wheel. Front sheet metal is in body shop .I am in Hillsboro,Ohio and 56 years old and hunted one of these trucks for about 20 years.

Below is a picture taken outside as I was leaving Rick Futrells upholstery shop. front sheet metal is at paint shop. Seats are out of a Dodge Dakota.{Right click on the unopenned picture to see update on interior.)(truck is done. right click unopenned picture to see truck finished).

Randy Wilkin
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Randy-
    Very, very nice!!
    What are the seats from?

Comment

Hey, Randy!

Your custom M5 is gonna be a knockout when you get it all together. Hope to see it close up, until then keep sending pictures.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
      53 Starliner Hardtop
      Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Lookin' good Randy! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

easiest way to update a picture of my truck with nos front bumper and side mirrors added.

Randy Wilkin
          1946 M5 Streetrod
          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133
          Randy Wilkin
          1946 M5 Streetrod
          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

SWEET!

Chris Pile
            Midway Chapter SDC
            The Studebaker Special
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Very nice. Love the M series trucks.

Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO
              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

Randy, nice M5.
                One of my all time favorite trucks. I would like to build me one.

Personal Website
                1950 Studebaker Retro-Rod Project

Comment

Sweet! Right color. Right Stance. Right wheels []

The short running boards were actually considered for the M5's. Here's a pic from the June '86 TW of a prototype with the short boards...

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Randy-
                    Awesome job- Luv that color!!!

dan0

Comment

Adding a couple pictures . Last picture of truck shows added Studebaker name plates on running boards and added mirrors for better vision ! Picture was taken on route 27 in Ohio on the way to the 2012 Studebaker International Meet !
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by rodnutrandy; 05-24-2017, 09:42 AM.
                      Randy Wilkin
                      1946 M5 Streetrod
                      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

That dash looks amazing!
                        sigpic
                        1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

You can see between the 2 inside pictures that I changed the a/c vents to match the dash. I just keep seeing little things that I think can improve looks . Also ,I see I have 2 posts on my truck , I had lost the first one (this one) and started a new one. Found this one again by putting my name in google and led me to it! Don't know if you can see them ,but I have led lights in upper bed tubes !
                          Randy Wilkin
                          1946 M5 Streetrod
                          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Randy,
                            Your truck is outstanding. I like what you did to the tailgate. I have a '61 Champ with a tailgate that is rusted through at the bottom. I'd like to do something similar to what you did by cutting away the lower portion and installing tube stock as you did. I realize I'm copying you and am asking a very general question, but can you tell me anything about how you mounted the bottom tube to the hinges?
                            Thanks,
                            Don

Comment

I built my bed , so didn't have stock hinges . All we did was put bushings in the bottom bar and ran a solid rod thru the bar and into the 2 braces on bed . My bars are Douglas dc8 Aircraft thrust reverser pistons. The rear bumper is a torque tube from a aircraft. I worked as a Sheet metal tech at ABX AIR and drew a lot of parts out of trash bin. Also bent the bed up at work . All new metal for bed and rear panels cost $140 . If I can help in any way ,please let me know !
                              Randy Wilkin
                              1946 M5 Streetrod
                              Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
                              X