Tulsa Tornado's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa Tornado's

Wow i got lucky, tornado went over my house spared me and my cars, I did have to leave the area because we knew it was coming. Drove south 10 miles just to get out of the clouds, listing to the radio in the car, several places near me got some wind damage. I've lived in Tulsa all my life (71 years) and have never seen anything like this. Haven't heard from any other area Studebaker people, Hope they got lucky also.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

I hope everybody is OK.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

'Dang, Bob; 'glad you dodged the bullet. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Great you came through OK, Bob. Ever since my trip out to your place, I think of you when I see weather reports showing your area. Talk about Tornado Alley!

I seem to remember that, not long after my visit, you had an encounter with a big wind that sat your carport cover down on your cars. I'm guessing you have taken steps to reinforce that.

My home is sporting a new roof and siding, due to hail being driven by high winds. However, I don't think our high winds are as common and severe as those of you living so close to where those huge weather fronts gather, and go to war with each other.

I don't know if it's because of the nearby mountains, or what, but here...it is a crap-shoot to try to elude storms. Our storms often are smaller individual cells traveling in divergent directions. Here, you can avoid one, and inadvertently drive into another.

Seems that this kind of thing is routine for your area this time of year. Routine or not...no less terrifying when caught up in it.

That said, hang in there, best of luck, and otherwise, have an enjoyable spring!

YAY!!!! WOO HOO!!!! SPRING!!!!
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Spring has sprung.......
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Just heard from Carl Purdy in Sand Springs. He and Betty are OK. Their juice finally came back on.
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Glad to hear that the Purdy's are okay. When I heard Sand Springs on the news, I wondered how they were.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                Wow i got lucky, tornado went over my house spared me and my cars, I did have to leave the area because we knew it was coming. Drove south 10 miles just to get out of the clouds, listing to the radio in the car, several places near me got some wind damage. I've lived in Tulsa all my life (71 years) and have never seen anything like this. Haven't heard from any other area Studebaker people, Hope they got lucky also.
                Wow!....And I thought 100+ inches of snow was bad!

Comment

Yep !!,, I worked in Tulsa for 9 months.. The weather there is robust.. My wife loved it there, so easy to get around.. I grew up in Ga. and told boss I wanted to retire.. He said 9 months in Tulsa and you can retire shonuff then.. After 9 months threw in the towel, said I'm out of here.. He said " I got one more for you" It was in San Diego.. I promptly retired.. That was 15 years ago !!

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                    Don't need an apostrophe after Tornadoes.
                    peter lee

Comment

Working...
                    X