Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Fennessey

sigpic

I sent Valerie a e-mail and gave her a link to the Forum so she could read all the nice results.

Comment

Sad news indeed!
      I only met him in person a few times, but I always enjoyed talking on the phone with him. He had an answer for any Stude related question & he usually had the part that I couldn't find anywhere. I finally learned my lesson and asked him first. He was a fellow Veteran, and a real gentleman.
      No more Fennessey in Tennessee to deal with but we still have the memories!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
        Sad news indeed!
        I only met him in person a few times, but I always enjoyed talking on the phone with him. He had an answer for any Stude related question & he usually had the part that I couldn't find anywhere. I finally learned my lesson and asked him first. He was a fellow Veteran, and a real gentleman.
        No more Fennessey in Tennessee to deal with but we still have the memories!

Bill was an outstanding gentleman and a pleasure to deal with. He was always friendly & upbeat with a good sense of humor. Bill invested heavily in saving parts when there was no real reason to believe Studebakers would remain popular in future decades. He & others helped to increase the popularity of our favorite make & it was profitable both for him & for us Stude lovers. He made many friends in his Studebaker dealings & educated & encouraged many. (Strange that the published obit does not mention Bill's Studebaker passion or his other business interests)
        I had many dealings with Bill, both buying & selling. He was a walking encyclopedia of Studebaker. Condolences to Virginia, & all of the family, and best wishes to Valerie as she continues the legacy.
        We are all richer for having him among us.
        Last edited by TX Rebel; 04-04-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

What Barry said above. RIP, Bill. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bill Fennessey from Tennessee sold a buddy of mine a pair of clean used Hawk front fenders at a great price, and shipped them to Mass.....He definitely had the parts!

Comment

Just this morning, I pulled into a 'Dunkin Donut' shop on my way to work with the Avanti.....A fellow in the drive up line rolled down the passenger window of his truck and asked about my car.

After he received his order, he parked beside my car and we began discussing Studes.

He turned out to be related to Bill Fennessey!!....Bill was this fellow, (Mike's), cousin!....(VERY small world)

I couldn't chat for very long, as I had to get to work....and so didn't he...But Mike has an interesting knowledge of Studebakers.

In his youth, he owned a '55 Stude coupe with a '57 Golden Hawk engine in it, the hood 'scooped' to clear the blower.

He also owned and drag raced a stick 1956 Golden Hawk equipped with a '56 Caribbean 374 and twin carbs.....Off the top of his head, Mike remembered that the '56 motor had an extra 1/8" cylinder bore!

I mentioned 'Warwick '16' to Mike , and he said he'd definitely try to attend.

Driving a Studebaker daily really is an experience!
              Last edited by SN-60; 06-13-2015, 05:37 AM.

Comment

I only dealt with him one time and that was in 1978 at, IIRC, Reedsville where I purchase a set of NOS parking lights for my '56 Power Hawk. Very reasonable in pricing and still on the car...

Comment

William Francis Fennessey Jr. (1929 - 2015) Franklin, TN

Attached should be a PDF for William Francis Fennessey Jr.(1929 - 2015)Franklin, TN. Please let me know if you see any problems with it.

Peter C.
                  Attached Files
                  T442163
                  Crisitel@oit.Rutgers.edu

Comment

Working...
                  X