No announcement yet.

Headlight replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of people seem to be getting good finds at O-riellys. Unfortunately, we don't have them here is SW Pennsylvania.

Relays usually cost $15-25 and was trying to find $7 ones on Oreillys website but having difficulty - they keep a specific application - can't seem to find generic parts.

Actually, a "classic" headlight relay would really confuse purists: (even looks like it has a fuse too)

Last edited by tomhoo; 04-26-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhoo View Post
      A lot of people seem to be getting good finds at O-riellys. Unfortunately, we don't have them here is SW Pennsylvania.

Relays usually cost $15-25 and was trying to find $7 ones on Oreillys website but having difficulty - they keep a specific application - can't seem to find generic parts.

Actually, a "classic" headlight relay would really confuse purists: (even looks like it has a fuse too)

Nice find. If I go the relay route I will look into something like that. Looks so similar to the horn relay it would not look out of place. If done right no one would know it was not stock except a Studebaker familiar person.

Sorry I didn't answer your earlier post but I just looked at the forum again a few minutes ago.

Len

Comment

My 1969 C20 Longhorn BBC w/AC Chevy pickup also had a similar looking relay for the high fan setting. However the one I posted previous is very nifty with the fuse right there.

I was eBay looking at "headlight relay kit" stuff and they are pretty interesting. The "H4" connector fits 5006 etc and you plug this wiring harness complete with mountable relays into the OE headlight connector. Then the harness to the headlights. Mount the relays and route the power wire to the battery/alternator.

Could probably hide the relays on the back side of the core support. They have tabs for a sheet metal screw. It appears the H4 is the same connector as the 5006 etc. (This one is $17 USD from Hong Kong shipped)

Comment

Working...
        X