Thread: 1963 Avanti R-2 4speed project for sale 530-400-7092, Davis ca

Speedster Member

1963 Avanti R-2 4speed project for sale 530-400-7092, Davis ca

1963 Avanti R-4002, engine RS-2261, Gold with elk interior, Hurst shifter, clear title. 37K on odometer. Body, frame, hog troughs all in great shape even the rear crossmember. Doors open and shut and align great. Manual windows roll up and down fine and fit flush. Interior is partially disassembled as the owner was going to put in new wiring harness. Engine is sitting with just valve covers and carb on it with hood off. Owner has all parts that were removed except radiator. Car in covered storage since 2000 and recently moved to outdoor storage. I found the normal crack in the battery tray but rest of the body looks super. Dont wait needs to be indoors soon! Car is in Davis California 530-400-7092 Make offer 4k range
    StudeRick & Johna
    Sacramento CA

1964 GT Hawk
    1957 Silver Hawk
    1964 Avanti

Silver Hawk Member
    Spoke jr, You listening Ken it's your back yard this time
    , ,

Banned
    This is the type everyone wants.....R2 Supercharged....Four Speed.....Manual Windows....Solid.................Sounds like a very good Avanti investment here for around 4K.......And, "He Who Snoozes...Loses"!

Speedster Member
    This Avanti has been sold 1/12/2015, thanks to all those that inquired
    StudeRick & Johna
    Sacramento CA

1964 GT Hawk
    1957 Silver Hawk
    1964 Avanti

President Member
    I bought it. I haven't taken inventory of the parts yet, but I already know that the radiator (inexpensive) and the Paxton supercharger (EXPENSIVE) are not among them. Lots to do on this new toy.

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GinettaG12P View Post
    I bought it. I haven't taken inventory of the parts yet, but I already know that the radiator (inexpensive) and the Paxton supercharger (EXPENSIVE) are not among them. Lots to do on this new toy.
    Pictures, pictures, PICTURES, those of us who called about it want to know what we missed out on! Especially those of us in the southern part of the state who couldn't get up there fast enough.

Seriously though, congratulations.

Ken

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GinettaG12P View Post
    Tom, Congrats on the purchase. I was the one waiting in the wings, ready to buy in the event your deal fell through. I'm not madů. just jealous. You're a lucky dog. Great car, great price. I hope you had a safe drive home.
    sals54

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spokejr View Post
    Pictures, pictures, PICTURES, those of us who called about it want to know what we missed out on! Especially those of us in the southern part of the state who couldn't get up there fast enough.

Seriously though, congratulations.

Ken
    Here are some before and "during" photos. "After" is yet to come.
    Avanti left front.jpgAvanti Driver's interior.jpgAvanti Engine Then.jpgAvanti 14JUN15-2.jpg

President Member
    It's looking good in the engine bay, keep the momentum up and that will be a very fine car in no time!

As of this week, I finally found mine. White with red/fawn interior, R1 A/C with automatic. Doesn't run but the reasons are straight forward and should have running before the winter is here. Vin is 63R-2962. Rob Cell 099 (1).jpgRob Cell 101 (1).jpgRob Cell 103 (1).jpg63 Avanti 001 (2).jpg

Nice Avanti's guys! Looks like both should be back on the road again soon. Keep us posted with updates please.