Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now for something completely different - Russian Custom Champion

Hi

Here's an article on a customized '51 Champion sedan in St. Petersburg, Russia. Looks well done though the styling crosses a number of decades:

A note came from St. Petersburg (the one in Russia, not Florida). This car’s been recently saved from the crusher by its current umm… keeper. He believes it to be […]

Steve

Wow, seems to be very good body work!

Comment

Wow! It's a Tucker Clone!!

That is the coolest Custom EVER! The side view is not quite as exciting as the neat Front & Rear however.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks very well done. If that was the actual 1953 Studebaker, it would have saved the company TONS of money and looks much better than the 'Model N'!

Craig

Comment

First thing that struck me was the headlamp treatment. This would have looked so much better in the 58's than what transpired. Workmanship here looks first rate. By that way even the interior would have fit right in with a Scotsman!
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

russian Champion St Petersburg

A note came from St. Petersburg (the one in Russia, not Florida). This car’s been recently saved from the crusher by its current umm… keeper. He believes it to be […]

Kind of looks cool....see the new Stallenbakers...the Dictator, The Commander, the Komisar and the Proletariat Capitalistic Style at a proletariat price....

Comment

Well done, I think.

If this were done in the Soviet era, ever the more so. Car parts, materials and even paint were very, very had to come by.

If built post-Soviet, still a well integrated and well done job.

Hopefully an European Stude fan will give it a good home and the life it deserves.

It would be nice to know something about the unknown builder.

Wherever he is; "Good job!"
              Last edited by Don Jeffers; 12-04-2014, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Without doubt a '52, with front and rear restyling influenced by perhaps Citroen? Someone gave this some thought and effort. I don't find it objectionable.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Here's a picture for those who may not be able to see it:

I love it. I think this is a custom job that has turned out to be an outstanding mix of the old and the new. I especially dig the headlights. WOW. Very cool.
                  sals54

Comment

No one's yet mentioned the rubber bumpers - which are not abhorrent on this Studebaker. Too bad this wasn't done to any of the more stylish 2 door hardtop, Starlight Coupe, or a 3 passenger Business Coupe. It would work even better, in my opinion. If you could lower it some - then you'd really have a looker!
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Wonder if the other garages in the picture are also full of classic cars?

Sounds like a great buy for someone!
                      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                      1961 Hawk 4-speed
                      1967 Avanti
                      1961 Lark 2 door
                      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Oh, those fun-loving Russkies!
                        peter lee

Comment

These threads will have to be merged. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ely-different-!

Craig

Comment

Is that really a Studebaker or a Russian built clone? There is that little character line at the rear of the roof where it overhangs the door, is that Studebaker? This looks too complete and consistent to be a backyard custom.
                            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

the hood is 52, I for some reason can not open the link but see some of the pictures posted them self, a year ago I sold a guy a 55 hardtop and when I delivered it he showed me his custom 52 truck he was doing, in my oppion it is something Studebaker should have done.

I think he said it will powered by a 471 Cad.
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X