No announcement yet.

48 Land Cruiser Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workmanship looks first class. You have some better equipment available that most of us have.
    Last edited by doug; 01-04-2015, 04:50 PM.

Comment

lookin' good!!!
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Why can't I see the pictures in the latest posts on this thread? Problem with the new forum host? I already tried refreshing the page.
        ~Matt Connor
        '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Nice looking studebaker! Defianately digging the air ride suspension as I have had my fair share of mini trucks that layed frame and body..

Looking forward to seeing more progress pictures!

Comment

If that's 2 guys that don't have a clue I can't wait to see the work you do when you get it figured out. Beautiful job. Lamar

Comment

Any progress to report on this build?
              ~Matt Connor
              '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

CAME TO MY SENSES AND DECIDED TO PUT A 289 in this 48 picking up the motor next weekend

Comment

Excellent!! I was concerned between the body damage, your engine issues, you getting a Scout and dropping your membership in the club that you were not able to keep working on the Land Cruiser. I'm so happy to hear you're still working on getting the '48 running, no matter what the powerplant!! I'm working on getting this truck running. Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr. Ed 001.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1700549Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr. Ed 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1700550Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr. Ed 004.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	1700551

It's a '52 2R17A, 2 ton, 195" wb. If it's possible, I'm going to see about lopping off about 4 or 5' off the butt and just moving the existing tailplate up. The plan is, get it running and stopping and redo the bed and slap on a coat of clearcoat over the oxide. Fingers crossed, it's coming along ok.

Comment

Got quoted for the 289 rebuild got one quote for 3000 and one for 4200!

Is the 289 really worth the price tag to rebuild?

Comment

Those are the prices I've heard mentioned more than once. I guess if you know people, or have access to the engine rebuilding process it's cheaper.

s it the one for sale in Sun Valley?

Comment

Working...
                      X