Dormant Studebakers Awake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dormant Studebakers Awake!

On another thread,my grandson made me feel guilty about neglecting my Sky Hawk, so today I decided to play with some of the cars that had not been started for awhile. With one good battery,and a bottle of gas,I moved around the yard starting cars.Beginning with the SkyHawk which needed it points filed,and ending with the 63 Daytona which was Matthew's Mom's first car, and also Matthew's first car. All it needed was gas and a hotwire! Fired right up after sitting for about 2 years.
    By then the battery was getting weak so I closed up shop and went home.
    Neil Thornton

I'm about ready to "awake" my 1957 Packard wagon.
    It's been dormant since 1971!
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Good for you Neil. Now if you can get ALL of those cars moving on their own! Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bill van alstyne View Post
        Good for you Neil. Now if you can get ALL of those cars moving on their own! Bill
        That calls for a longer day and better weather.
        Neil Thornton

Comment

Re: '57 Packard.wagon. I have one and it was parked since 1965-California black plate. All it took was the usual preparation and about one & one half hours and she was running again-dead smooth and very quiet. I hope you have the same luck.
          Cheers, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
            Re: '57 Packard.wagon. I have one and it was parked since 1965-California black plate. All it took was the usual preparation and about one & one half hours and she was running again-dead smooth and very quiet. I hope you have the same luck.
            Cheers, Bill
            Thanks Bill! Waiting on carburetor rebuilder and John Erb for supercharger rebuild. Can start when carb gets back. Mice had gotten into the supercharger and air box via flapper hole. Had themselves a hotel in there! Their pee had frozen the throttle shaft on carb and air box. What a mess!
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I drive the Champ almost daily and the Commander gets no more than a nap all year, so, I'm good here.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
              X