No announcement yet.

1964 Champs - T-Cabs - 8Es - forum registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8E12-6889 - 122 WB - T6 cab - write up on Turning Wheels vol . 39, no. 11, November, 2007.

Write up from the entry:

Manufactured on December 12, 1963. Specs are 289 V8, five speed overdrive, twin traction, T6 cab, and special paint (originally Strato blue, with Parchment white top, special paint on the instrument board. It was shipped to Klamath Falls, Oregon. Used in Klamath Falls by a welding company. Truck ended up in Tucson and was purchased by the person who restored in in 1991. Paint was changed to black.

Photo is from inside front cover of the magazine.

Last edited by 62champ; 07-11-2018, 07:14 PM.

Comment

8E5-139066 - WB unknown - cab unknown - written up in the Co-Operator section of Turning Wheels, Vol 36, No. 8, August 2004.

Author indicated that the truck was manufactuerd on September 19, 1963.
      Last edited by 62champ; 07-14-2018, 04:26 AM.

Comment

I'm going back through this and digging the survivorness of the A.J.'s Overhead Door truck.
        1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
        1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
        1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
        1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
        1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
        1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Also digging the survivorness of Studey's Speed shop. I'm really digging the orange and tusk ivory of #58 because it reminds me of Allis-Chalmers orange and creme. Grandpa Skow had the AC dealership in Moorhead, Iowa.
          1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case

Comment

I know a local Club Member near Me, has a 64 Champ 3/4 ton with Factory AC and of course Tinted Glass.

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Nice, I do not believe I have EVER seen a T or C Cab Pickup with Full Factory Tint, rarely a Tinted Windshield even.

Of course it was available, it's just that Dealers almost never ordered it after 1958 on Cars or Trucks, here on the West Coast anyway.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

8E12-6825 - 122 WB - T6 cab - Photo on inside cover of Turning Wheels, Vol 26, No 12, January 1994.

Write up on the photograph: "Not everyday do we receive an current photo of original owner standing with their Studebaker. Our inside front cover features just such a combination. Shown are members Howard and Cleo Taylor with their 1964 V8 3/4 ton Champ pickup (8E12-122) that they purchased new from Grisham Motors in Springfield, Missouri, on January 30, 1964. The Champ, serial number E12-6825, features a Deluxe cab and 4 speed transmission. Howard used the Champ in his welding service from 1964 to 1976. Besides being used as a work truck, it also hauled the Taylor's cab-over camper, as well as their boat. Their son, Dusty, used for a few months after Howard retired it and then it was put in storage with 240,000 miles until 1991 when restoration was begun."

Comment

8E7-22275 - 122 WB - T6 cab - Photo and write up featured in Turning Wheels, Vol 26, No 12, December, 1994. Page 6.

Write up: "On the left is Herman (Thoms) 1964 (serial number E7-22,275) long bed 259 V8 1/2 ton model (8E7-122). This pickup was previously owned by Frost & French, the former Southern California Studebaker parts distributor. Herman picked it up when Studebakers West purchased the Frost & French inventory in 1987."

Comment

I thought that Champs didn't have chrome bumpers?

Comment

Originally posted by DougHolverson View Post
                    I thought that Champs didn't have chrome bumpers?
                    Nope - no factory produced Champs came with chrome front (or rear) bumpers. There might have been a dealer or two who might have had them chromed to dress them up, and clearly a lot of people who have restored these trucks have had them chromed...

Comment

8E7-21500 - 122 WB - T4 cab - photos shared on Champs facebook page.

climitizer and some unusal custom touches...

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                        8E7-21500 - 122 WB - T4 cab - photos shared on Champs facebook page.

climitizer and some unusal custom touches...

This is my truck

Comment

8E5-138884 - 112 WB - T6 cab - for sale on Craigslist, September 2018.

Climitizer, after-market radio - nothing else.

Last edited by 62champ; 03-24-2019, 06:20 AM.

Comment

I just became to proud owner of this 1964 Champ, first thing up is to redo all the brakes, new head gaskets and change all filters and fluids. Much more to come after that as well. I already have a production order on order from the Studebaker museum, I’ll update with all the info when that comes in. This is my first Studebaker and I’m really excited! My father in law has a 61 Lark Convertible that he’s working on at the moment as well.

Comment

Sounds great cabaum. Are you speaking about the truck in part #72 or another one unseen?

Comment

Oh no, I am actually referring to #45. Sorry Im still figuring out how this forum is set up!

Comment

Working...
                                X