Ontario Chapter Fall Colour Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Chapter Fall Colour Tour

Tonight the participants are meeting in Orillia, which is only twenty minutes up the highway from me. Can't participate in the tour (have to catch up at work) but I hope to catch up with you for dinner, tonight. I'll look for the Studebakers. Good luck to all who are driving their Studes and watch out for a black 55. Cheers.Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	1744788
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Too bad the weather has taken a turn for the worse for this coming weekend. I know Ray Martin was planning on driving his 64 up there , not sure if he is still going though.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The club site said $22.50 for a roast beef sandwich (lol). I went through high school in Orillia, got married there, got divorced there and never paid that much for a sandwich. Gotta check this place out!
      Last edited by warrlaw1; 10-05-2014, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	1692315Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1692316Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1692317 Nice turn out for dinner on Friday. Al and Jan's Oldies Diner was the spot. They offered a choice of roast beef dinner or turkey dinner. Although the price was about twice what other Orillia establishments offer, the Studebaker people were worth the price. Nice group, nice cars, weather and all. Hats off to the Ontario chapter and all those who made the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]38154[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]38155[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]38156[/ATTACH] Nice turn out for dinner on Friday. Al and Jan's Oldies Diner was the spot. They offered a choice of roast beef dinner or turkey dinner. Although the price was about twice what other Orillia establishments offer, the Studebaker people were worth the price. Nice group, nice cars, weather and all. Hats off to the Ontario chapter and all those who made the trip.
          Great pictures Dave !
          I see at least one Stude from my area , maybe 2 but that red Avanti could belong to a number of guys. Don't see any 64 convertibles?
          sigpic

Comment

LOL. The red one is Peter Sant's! Nice to see Roy Graham, Stu Chapman and so many others driving their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
              LOL. The red one is Peter Sant's! Nice to see Roy Graham, Stu Chapman and so many others driving their cars.
              Recognize Peters and the blue 64 , don't see Stu's in the picture?
              sigpic

Comment

I believe there were more cars at the host hotel. It was a short drive away, but it was raining.

Comment

That is one of the things I truly admire about the SDC........that you D-R-I-V-E your Studebakers to events. Rain or shine. What troopers!

I can't even tell you when my Dodge was even WET the last time!
                  Frank Remlinger
                  Detroit, Michigan
                  SDC# A004602R

Comment

I was at the event, that continues to attract more participants each year. Ray Martin did bring his 64, the only one of 17 total for the weekend to trailer in. He unloaded on Saturday morning and drove it in the rain that finally quit about 11 am. Rest of the day was overcast but on the whole a good day for a fall colour tour on the paved back roads of Muskoka that covered about 75 to 80 miles of great scenery. What other car club could get 16 cars out for a cruise in the rain? I am not saying I prefer rain, but don't stay home because it does. I drove 107 miles to get there and certainly did not come close to the long distance travelled.

Bob
                    64 Daytona & 60 Lark Convert
                    Bob
                    Welland Ontario
                    60 Lark Convertible
                    64 Daytona
                    sigpic
                    "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

PS
                      Stu was 1 of 2 that brought the brand X
                      Bob
                      Bob
                      Welland Ontario
                      60 Lark Convertible
                      64 Daytona
                      sigpic
                      "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                        Recognize Peters and the blue 64 , don't see Stu's in the picture?
                        That's because we drove the Chrysler. Getting too old to clean up convertibles after being rain-soaked. Great meet!

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                          Great pictures Dave !
                          I see at least one Stude from my area , maybe 2 but that red Avanti could belong to a number of guys. Don't see any 64 convertibles?
                          Ray Martin had his new 64 convertible there.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I would also like to thank the Ontario Chapter for again organizing a super event. Despite weather problems the social contact with fellow members was thoroughly enjoyable. There was virtually no rain on the Saturday driving tour. All the meal arrangements were great and the Chapter gave us well-filled goody bags and excellent lucky draw prizes. To cap everything off, the members recognized our 57th wedding anniversary which was on the Saturday with a lovely card signed by the members.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                            X