Had an interesting thing happen on Drive your Studebaker day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had an interesting thing happen on Drive your Studebaker day

I am a Studebaker newbie, but thought the board might find this interesting. I had no idea that there was an official day to get the Studebaker out and drive it. Coincidentally I actually acquired my Studebaker on that very day! So while I did bring it home 30 miles on a tow dolly(almost driving it!), I did take it around the block under its own power when I got it home! So I participated in the day at least a little bit, and it was day one of my Studebaker ownership!

The pictures below were taken about 10 minutes after I got it off the dolly. It started raining on my way home, so the car looks shinier than it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1744747 Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1744748

Looks like you scored a very nice bullet nose there. And with the coincidence of it being IDYSD you will always remember when you acquired it. Congratulations, welcome to the world of Studebakers, and I hope you have many happy times behind the wheel (whether it is IDYSD or not). Love your car!
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

You own a beautiful Studebaker, but really ANY day of the year can be 'Drive Your Studebaker Day'....so try to!

Comment

Working...
      X