Thread: Went solo on IDYSD 2014

Went solo on IDYSD 2014

Well, I wasn't able to join in any of the organized activities last Saturday but I drive a Studebaker fairly often around town anyway.
    Still, since September 13 was set specifically as IDYSD, it's not one to miss.
    So I drove the '53 to get a haircut where it received quite a bit of attention in the parking lot. Then to the bank, then to the library to return a book. From there to a friend's house where we went for a bike ride for an hour or so.
    Then I went to another friend's body shop where I picked up his two grandchildren and took them to tour The Arboretum at Penn State, and especially the "Childhood's Gate section." (Well worth spending a free couple of hours if you are in the vicinity of State College, PA.) I dropped them off back at the shop, stopped at the distributor for a case of beer and headed for home.
    People like to see these in motion so they know they are not simply static displays.

I didn't take car pictures that day but here's the one you saw on the inside back TW cover a couple months ago.

P7260092.jpg
    Last edited by rockne10; 09-19-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    "SPREAD YOUR ARMS, HOLD YOUR BREATH...and ALWAYS TRUST YOUR CAPE !" --Guy Clark

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

President Member Commander Eddie's Avatar
    That is an awesome coupe, and I love the color. I am not at all surprised you attract so much attention. That model looks so good gliding along on the road. Like poetry.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

I hope it was a case of Yuengling!
    Carey
    Packard Hawk