"Today Is IDYSD" sign/card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Today Is IDYSD" sign/card

Today's the day! Click the link below to download and print the "Today Is Drive Your Studebaker Day" sign to display in or on your Stude!

Thanks to everyone who is participating, be it via a chapter cruise or out and about on your own. (Remember, if you're on your own you're not alone!)

For myself, I will be heading to Wyoming, Minnesota's annual "Stagecoach Days" celebration 20 miles south of me (with the Hawk and a handful of "The Studebaker Story" and SDC brochures).

Have a great day!
    Last edited by BShaw; 09-13-2014, 05:34 AM.
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Bob,
    Thanks. Just what I was looking for. Happy IDYSD!!
    1936 Dictator
    1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
    1953 Commander Regal HT
    1953 2R5 Pickup
    1947 M16 Truck
    1960 Lark VIII Convertible
    1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
    1962 Champ 7E5 no box
    1962 GT Hawk
    1963 Lark VI 4 dr
    1963 GT Hawk R2
    1964 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Heading out with the '63 Avanti to an auto show being held in Brockton, Massachusetts today. Forgot about IDYSD.....Just adds to the fun!

Comment

Here are links to a couple more things to have on hand when talking with folks about Studebakers:

"Studebaker Firsts"

"Studebaker Myths & Misconceptions"
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

Drove my Avanti up to Rockford Ill on Thursday after work. Will be heading to the picnic at Gordy Buetsch's house later today. Probably head back to Indianapolis tomorrow morning.

Have a great day!

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Sweet! Thanks, Bob!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Out and about in my 63 Lark today! Daughter's 1st Soccer game of the season so we cruised there and then cruised some more! Got to the soccer fields and there was a space right up front that was too small for most cars I guess! The beauty of driving a compact Studebaker!
              Attached Files

Comment

Not a lot of time today but the 83 Avanti got 10 miles on it in prep for it's journey to the Pumpkin Farm car show tomorrow.

Comment

I went to several locations and took lots of pictures. Here's one:Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0517.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	1692088
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Had fun at the little car show I attended. I had the only Studebaker there. Got lots of attention, Stude stories and questions. Nice sunny autumn day.

sigpic
                    Bob Shaw
                    Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

I drove my '41 Champion to Vogel State Park, Georgia's most attended, where an arts and crafts festival was being held. Our band was one of the bands which played there. I announced from the stage that it was IDYSD and invited everyone to come see it. I had the sign in both back windows. There was a pretty good crowd of people looking at it and asking questions. It was a good day.

Comment

I realized I should have put my post in its own thread. I think I'll redo it. Nice photo, Bob. I wish I could spend the day in Minnesota. I did see another Studebaker being driven today here, though. It was a 1950, but I'm not sure if it was a Commander or Champion. I was right in front him and could only the the front of the car.
                        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I drove my Sky Hawk to the Barcelona Neck State Park and preserve in Sag Harbor, LI. and took a two-hour hike in the woods. What a beautiful day to be cruisin' the back roads of the Hamptons!
                          peter lee

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for doing a great job of promoting IDYSD!!

Comment

Working...
                            X