Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's ok Bob,these Champs can climb the steepest of hills
    Originally posted by Bish View Post
    REPOST- E5- 138534 Apache Red, 4 speed, T 4 trim. Tried to post pics but came out 90 degrees off?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

8E12-6447 - 122 wb - T6 cab

5sp/OD, Climatizer, radio

For sale on Ebay, November 2014

Last edited by 62champ; 08-04-2017, 03:19 AM.

Comment

From Rob Reese in Easton, PA:

1963 Champ 8E5-136309.

I think the cowl tag went on my Dad's truck. It was an 8E- T 6 six, stick, 122 wb w/a P 2 box. It was well equipped with a radio and flashers along w/the stainless. All was recycled to other trucks but the cab and outer fenders. Laguna Blue.
        Last edited by 62champ; 12-17-2016, 06:14 AM.

Comment

63 champ 8E7 112 E720467. Got it a little over a year and a half ago v8 auto nice truck.

Comment

8E5-137987 - 112 WB - T6 cab

Six with OD and climitizer. '62 Champ door panels and some other non-original items - paint included...

On E-bay in March of 2015

Last edited by 62champ; 08-04-2017, 03:26 AM.

Comment

8E5-138288 - 122 WB - T6 cab

Originally a six with climitizer - now has two more cylinders... For sale on Ebay in early May, 2015.

Last edited by 62champ; 08-04-2017, 03:32 AM.

Comment

8E5-136840 - 112 WB - T4 cab

V8 conversion with many other modifications. For sale on Ebay, June 2015.

Last edited by 62champ; 08-04-2017, 03:39 AM.

Comment

8E7-19421 - 122 WB - T6 cab - for sale on "bring a trailer", August 2015

Info from SDC Forum:
                  "I stopped by today on my way home from work and spoke with the owner of the body shop and got the back-story, looked it over, took some pictures, and heard it run. I did not drive it. I'll post the pictures later today when I have more time to upload them.

Model 8E7-122, serial number E7-19421, GVW 5200, body tag 8E-T6. V8 with automatic transmission. Odometer is showing 97777.4 miles. It appears to have the original radio. The dash pad was cracked in several places. The seat and headliner were showing their years, but were not ripped or torn. The door panels looked age-worn but good.

The owner of the body shop is a friend of the truck's owner. The guy operates a well-known 4x4 truck aftermarket supply shop in the area. He found this Champ a few years ago and bought it. He also likes snowmobiles. He took the truck to the body shop, and his friend did the period-look advertising on the sides and hood (it's all fake, for nostalgia only). The body-shop owner also installed the light on the roof, the spotlight on the left side, and a siren on the right side.

The truck has been repainted in all red, and the more-recent paint is badly faded. There are hints that the roof was previously white. Despite this, the body is actually in decent shape. The cab corners and door sills have no visible rust or blisters. The front left fender has a small perforation at the bottom rear by the driver's door. The right front fender has been repaired with some bondo between the wheel well and the bumper, and there are a few blisters under the paint in the same area.

I pulled back the floor liner on the passenger side. The floor looked solid, but it was damp. Could be a problem lurking farther back. I was not able to pull up the floor mat on the driver's side. The underside seemed to be decent with some surface rust generally everywhere. I didn't see any rot or holes. Not to say they could be hiding, especially with the vinyl floor mat.

The Dodge bed appeared solid with only surface rust (where I could see around the snowmobile). The inside of the tailgate looked good, and the outside showed a little blistering under the paint along a seam.

He cranked it, but it did not start initially. After a shot of starting fluid, it fired right up and ran smooth with no oil smoke in the exhaust. There was a scratchy sound from the front of the engine, like the water pump might be going bad. I did notice the crankshaft pulley had a wobble to it. I couldn't tell if it was bent, loose, or something worse. I did notice quite a few drops of fluid hanging from the transmission pan.

The $6,550 price on the windshield is for both the truck and the snowmobile, but the body shop owner believes his friend wants them sold, so he's pretty sure he's willing to sell them separately."

Last edited by 62champ; 08-04-2017, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                    E12-6447 - T6 trim - 5sp/OD

Climatizer, radio

For sale on Ebay, November 2014

Holy moly! Is this the one that ended up in Driggs, Idaho, got towed over the Grand Teton Pass, and is now sitting in my patio? (And still waiting on the guy to send the title...)

Click image for larger version

Name:	studetoday1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1700350
                    1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
                    1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
                    1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
                    1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
                    1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
                    1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

That would be my guess, the 3/4 Ton one, with the reupholstered '55 or '56 Commander Door Panels, Ford Dual Master Cylinder, Power Brake Unit, New Edelbrock 4 Brl. Carb. and New Process Manual 5 Speed Overdrive Trans.

You're just a bit late to the Party!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

8E7-20078 - 112 WB - T6 cab - For sale on Ebay, Oct. 2015

Climitizer, radio, hill holder, 4 speed, twin traction, and aftermarket AC. Production order indicates it was special ordered from the factory with 16" wheels (15" became standard for 1/2 ton Champs in '61) with Dunlop Super Gold Cup tires (and tubes) with commercial traction tires in the rear.

Last edited by 62champ; 07-18-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

8E7-19797 - 122 WB - T6 cab - for sale on Hemmings website - Oct. 2015

Climitizer, OD, - NOS interior like an original 8E

Last edited by 62champ; 08-04-2017, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Nice looking truck, and I'd sure like to own it. Is that 11.7 MPG the truth? Seems like it should get better mileage than that.

Comment

It is as accurate as a old speedometer, mismatched pinion gear, short low speed trips, and fill ups at multiple stations can be. When I drove it to Pennsylvania in 2007, I figure it made mileage in the high teens on the interstate.
                              Last edited by 62champ; 10-13-2015, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Not to hi-jack this thread or pick a fight; but if you do a google or bing image search for Studebaker Champs you will see several pictures of trucks that have had the Dodge bed narrowed to flow with the Lark cab better. Anybody whose a regular on this board do that? Any opinions? Is that really hard to do? Just curious. I really like the look of the finished product. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X