Split Rim fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stu Duglee View Post
    Only 3 out of the 9 rims I have are save to use,during sand blasting I discovered way more rust in 6 rims .....I blew some holes in a few. The 6 rims in question had too much rust built up in between where the barrel is riveted on to the center section, just not safe....so I contacted Stockton Wheel & got a quote, $280 per rim....I need 6 for my 1 ton dually. I'm saving my pennies & hoping the old tires hold out for now.[ATTACH=CONFIG]36912[/ATTACH]
    Stu, I have a 2R-something one-ton dually here that I was thinking of parting out. It has 6 17" split rims on it, and all the tires hold air, and have respectable tread. It would make more sense to use the cab, motor and transmission to make a pickup good, because then I'd have a vehicle that would cruise down the highway at a decent speed. The old flat deck is a 45 mph truck, even with a 289 in it. If you are interested, I could send you some pictures of the tires on it.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

There's a couple M series Big truck Chassis for sale on the Nashville craigslist... Probably could buy his rims for cheap...

Comment

Working...
      X