Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you forgot the most important thing Kelly, the Serial Number.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
      60V-6269 W4

Radio (but no antenna?), climitizer, oil filter

Early V8 with a claimed 13K original miles - could be true by the looks of things.
      That is a beautiful '60 Lark VIII 4 Door, and I can believe the Mileage because of the Interior, but I am not buying the Paint and Engine compartment as ORIGINAL!

It is odd that there is no sideview Mirror or Antenna, I wonder what the chances are that an older person bought it with a Radio he did not want, but the Dealer threw it in rather than remove it, so he just tossed the Antenna in the Garage and never Played it?

That's a stretch I know, but the only other option is that the last owner was trying to spiff it up so he Painted it, detailed the Engine & Compartment, added the Chrome Headlight Rims and the Radio, maybe welded up the Mirror holes before Paint?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

It is odd that there is no sideview Mirror or Antenna, I wonder what the chances are that an older person bought it with a Radio he did not want, but the Dealer threw it in rather than remove it, so he just tossed the Antenna in the Garage and never Played it?

That's a stretch I know, but the only other option is that the last owner was trying to spiff it up so he Painted it, detailed the Engine & Compartment, added the Chrome Headlight Rims and the Radio, maybe welded up the Mirror holes before Paint?
        That was my guess on the paint/engine compartment as well. The radio - I am wondering if someone found one on Ebay/somewhere and thought it be a good addition, but did not drill an antenna hole or even look for the correct knobs - it doesn't even have a condenser on the generator or regulator. I wondered about the trunk paint - my late Sep. 59 has the trunk painted the same color as the exterior. Is the grey done on some cars, but not all?

Seeing as this car does not have OD, not having any other accessories is not a stretch. I am really liking the bias-ply blackwalls - have always wondered what my Velvet black W4 would look like with the same...

Comment

You are right,

My serial number is:

60V-11873

Kelly

Comment

60V-19029 / 60V-W4 - for sale on New Mexico Craigslist, Oct - 2014

259 cu. in. V-8, 3-speed manual column shift, runs and drives very smoothly
            New custom 2-tone clear coat/base coat paint, 4-Dr sedan
            All new custom door and post panels, headliner, kick plates, nice fabric uphosltry
            Wide white wall tires, custom painted rims

Last edited by 62champ; 08-07-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

1960 Lark 4dr Sedan

Vin 60V40184 259, Standard Shift, Overdrive, TT. We owned this about 10 Years and runs great, Previous owner painted it this Yellow color including the dash. Was originally a Green car.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yow! That's certainly going to go faster than it could when it was new.
                RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

If anyone knows of the whereabouts of my old HT, Buttercup, I'd love to know how and where she is. Last thought to have been sold somewhere out west about 2010 or so. 259, 3 speed, OD power steering. Sadly I lost all documentation, including the serial number. Came from Lee Delabare from Skip Lackie, from John Poulous. Maybe one of them will see this and provide the serial number.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buttercup 009.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1692449
                  Ron Dame
                  '63 Champ

Comment

60V-31235 - 4dr sedan parts car - for sale on Craigslist out of Flagstaff, AZ.

Complete Lark8. Runs well and virtually all moldings and accessories are there. Dash board is pristine. Interior is trashed. Body is straight and smooth, but contains some rust. Car has been sitting in a garage and not driven for 12 to 20 years, but has four good tires and spare with original wheels and all four hubcaps. Have title, but it has water damage and MVD will not issue a new title without owner applying for a bonded title. I have paperwork for that, but it will be responsibility of new owner. You buy it, you tow or haul it off. Photos available by e-mail.
                    Last edited by 62champ; 08-07-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

As of this afternoon, there was still a pretty nice 25-footer non-restored Regal VIII 4 door on the lot @ Karz 'n More, Longview, WA. Pics on their website. Looks like maybe serial #60V17745, body #3896. Owner fired the engine briefly so I could get a listen- music!

JSC

Comment

60s 4dr sedan.60s53488. Just bought. First ride 11-7-2014. Needs work, but it still runs and drives.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	044.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1695181Click image for larger version

Name:	047.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1695182Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1695183

A bit of progress. Would like to repaint black, but I don't think I can get the body that straight. Still pondering.....
                        Last edited by blkstu60; 01-27-2015, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Is there a 1960 Lark Wagon registry yet?
                          1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

60S-27230 / 60V-F4, for sale on Ebay - ending Feb. 1, 2015

Climatizer, backup lights, regal horn ring

Last edited by 62champ; 08-07-2017, 03:39 PM.

Comment

This thread is now open to any and all 1960 Larks - see the first post to see what you need to do. Thanks.

Comment

This one might be the most interesting and unique '60 Lark out there: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...lwaukee+police

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X