Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This '60 six-cylinder convertible sold at this auction last summer, and last I heard, it was currently for sale in Saskatoon: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ollege+auction

I actually saw this car in 1980. As I recall, it was a later car, painted Pacific Blue, a 1960 spring color.

Craig

Comment

60V-32335 / 60V-J6, for sale online on Autotrader.

Hardtop with aftermarket AC, climitizer, radio, regal trim. Looks nicely restored - but some things are not 100% accurate.

Last edited by 62champ; 08-07-2017, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
        60V-32335 - for sale online on Autotrader.

Hardtop with aftermarket AC, climitizer, radio, regal trim. Looks nicely restored - but some things are not '60 (valve cover are two bolt instead of four)
        Studebaker changed from 4 bolt to 2 bolt valve covers mid-year in 1960. They're probably correct.

Comment

Sorry - my mistake - thought it was done when '61 debuted. Will correct.

Comment

60S-66786 6cyl Convertible converted to a V8 car in 1986 and owned by me until last fall (2014) when it was sold to it's new owner, Dennis O'Brien of So Cal. South Bend Built in July of 1960, Jonquil Yellow with black vinyl interior.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
              Is there a 1960 Lark Wagon registry yet?
              No there is not. Sometimes you can take a good thing TOO far you know.
              Pretty soon you will have 1000 Registry's with THREE Cars each!
              How about one for only Oasis Green '60 Lark Deluxe Wagons with a P/B Radio, Climitizer and a Cigar Lighter?

I think '59 & '60 Larks would have been good until there are over a Hundred or so, and it breaks into separate '59 and '60 Registries. Or just '60's like it is, whatever.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

60V-11104 / 60V-L6, for sale on Ebay

Three speed, climitizer, lighter, radio, back up lights, oil filter

Last edited by 62champ; 08-07-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

60S-15556 / 60S-L6, for sale on Ebay, March 2015.

Appears to only have climitizer and twin-traction emblem, so possibly still equipped with such.

Last edited by 62champ; 08-07-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Man they sure blew it on every single Color on this Lark 6 Convert!

Not even the Engine is correct, and any Local Parts Store would have Aluminum Silver Engine Enamel, how hard is that?
                    A Penguin Interior, and way too bright Yellow Paint. If it is not a Modified, there is no reason not to save a bit of Value and originality.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      Man they sure blew it on every single Color on this Lark 6 Convert!

Not even the Engine is correct, and any Local Parts Store would have Aluminum Silver Engine Enamel, how hard is that?
                      A Penguin Interior, and way too bright Yellow Paint. If it is not a Modified, there is no reason not to save a bit of Value and originality.
                      Well...it's still a cute little car.
                      I get your point...but it sure beats being crushed into soup cans
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

60S-58504 / 60S-L6

Automatic, advertized as having 47K miles - sold at auction in Canada in June of 2013

Last edited by 62champ; 08-07-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                          60S-58504

Automatic, advertized as having 47K miles - sold at auction in Canada in June of 2013

Yep, that's the one I referenced in Post #46 above. It was up for sale on Kijiji in Saskatoon in the fall of 2013.

Craig

Comment

Patrick,

Daunting undertaking, trying to quantify the unloved early Lark that were produced in such large numbers, but are seldom seen today. As the less then stylish work horse (with the non-included wagon) most left the scene by 1980. With little value today and with few people maintaining and fewer restoring them, they have unfortunately, all but left the collectable car scene. Doubters only need to focus on 1959-1962 Larks at large Studebaker gatherings and compare their numbers to the "more collectable" offerings. Many early Larks still in existence today sit unattended in fields an barns, with little chance of ever seeing the road again. Periodically word filters down through the franks of rather large collections of these "saved" cars being scraped as the cars and their owners have aged. So while I think that your job of compiling accurate numbers is near impossible maybe your thread can bring some love to the unloved.-Bill

Comment

60V-10031 / 60V-L6

Convertible for sale on E-Bay - April, 2015. Automatic with climitizer, later model V8 - and pretty rusty...

Last edited by 62champ; 08-07-2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

1960 4 door Regal 60S-W6 (60S-W6)

SN- 60S-59041

w/od

Comment

Working...
                                X