Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 60 Larks, a 2dr sedan 6 cly, SN# 60S-63459 And a 4dr regal V-8 parts car, SN#60V-56378

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I can't help but wonder why you didn't include the '59 Larks. The '59 and '60 Larks are virtually identical. Since you're doing the work, you can set it up any way you wish, but perhaps you can consider including the '59s. Just wondering.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
        Since you're doing the work, you can set it up any way you wish, but perhaps you can consider including the '59s. Just wondering.
        Rog
        I wanted to try and keep the scope small enough that I could manage to keep up with it - but all it takes is someone starting another thread titled something like "59 Lark registry/roster/etc." No one necessarily has to keep up dating and linking the post like I am doing here, it is something I wanted to do to keep it a little more managed (being a teacher I feel like if things are not organized, chaos can break out at any point...).
        Last edited by 62champ; 08-04-2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

60VC-2120 / 60V-F4

Canadian assembled 2 door sedan. Visible accessories are climatizer, lighter, and oil filter. Currently on CL: http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4544036733.html

Last edited by 62champ; 08-06-2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

60S-11867 / 60S-W6

climatizer, silent aircleaner & overdrive. Craigslist: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...604730917.html

Last edited by 62champ; 08-06-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

2 parts cars:
              60V 40863 V-8 auto, white, no heater body# 60V-W4 9068
              60V 30139 V-8 3 speed o/drive, green, heater body# 60V-W6 5296
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

60V-W4 / 60V-41553

Equipped with climatizer, automatic transmission, and oil filter.

As of 8/12/2014 - was on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111429346701...TQ:MOTORS:1123

Last edited by 62champ; 08-07-2017, 04:29 AM.

Comment

60S-26885 / 60S-F4 - for sale on Ebay

Climatizer, Flight-o-matic automatic transmission, possibly twin traction, '59 Lark tail lights, '61 and up steering wheel and '63 and up horn ring.

Car for sale on Bring-A-Trailer, November 2018.

Info from ad: This 1960 Studebaker Lark was acquired by the seller four years ago out of Arizona and is powered by a Chevrolet small-block V8 mated to a 3-speed TH350 automatic transmission. The seller has reportedly changed the fluids and driven the car approximately 25 miles this year following two years of storage. It is finished in white over a grey and white interior with blue seats, and rolls of upholstery fabric, carpet, and insulation are included. This Lark VIII is now being offered with an owner’s manual, spare hubcaps, and a transferable Georgia registration.

The body was reportedly refinished in white in 2011 under previous ownership, and Xtremevision 40w LED headlights have been added. The seller states the car was in storage from 2016 until 2018. 14″ steel wheels with polished hubcaps and trim rings are fitted with staggered-width radial tires. A spare set of Studebaker hubcaps is included in the sale, as are the replica black California license plates. The interior features blue seat fabric with grey door panels and black carpets. The seller notes patches in the door upholstery and an open seam in the carpet. A Bluetooth stereo system is hidden behind the dash, a fan is mounted underneath, and an aftermarket wood steering wheel is fitted. AutoMeter gauges feature a digital odometer showing just under 100k miles, with true mileage unknown.

For sale once again on Ebay, January 2019.
                  Last edited by 62champ; 01-19-2019, 06:27 AM.

Comment

60S-11689 / 60S-W6

Climatizer, automatic transmission, AC-2976 hood ornament, AC-2951 back-up lights, AC-2977 radio, later model bumper guards.

Last edited by 62champ; 03-25-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Jeez, doesn't ANYONE actually OWN one? who cares enough to KEEP it!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Jeez, doesn't ANYONE actually OWN one? who cares enough to KEEP it!

60 Lark 2dr sedan, 60S3331 bought 10 yrs ago from City of Industry, undergoing a V8, 5-speed, 8" transplant, shows ~80k miles
                        No plans to get rid of this one.
                        sigpic
                        JohnP, driving & reviving
                        60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

60S-64445 / 60S-F4

Last edited by 62champ; 08-07-2017, 04:50 AM.

Comment

60V-6269 / 60V-W4- as of August, 2015, forum member now owns this car and it lives in Germany.

Radio (but no antenna?), climitizer, oil filter

Early V8 with a claimed 13K original miles - could be true by the looks of things.

Here is the story on the car from a forum member who goes by the name of Studefan:

Let we tell you about that beautiful green 60 Lark in the first post and in the ebay ad. I know it well since we resurrected it from its tomb.

Back in about 1978/79, my Dad saw an ad in the Pittsburgh PA newspaper for a Studebaker for sale for $500 and we went to look at it. A super nice 80 year old lady answered the front door. We asked about the car and she said, "follow me." We went out back to a detached cinder block single car garage. She opened the side door and we entered. We went over at night so it was dark out and there weren't any lights in the garage. Luckily, we brought a flashlight. The car had about a quarter inch of dust on it and the tires were flat on one side so it was leaning badly to the right. It didn't look like much so we weren't too excited at first.

The elderly lady said it was her deceased husband's car and he drove it to work everyday. When asked where he worked, she said 2 miles down the road. Dad was talking to the lady for while and I moved over to take a closer look at the car. I noticed the tires and they looked original. I wiped the dirt off the drivers door glass and shined the flashlight in. It looked clean. I asked if I could open the door and the lady said, please do. When I opened the door, I noticed the distinct "new car" smell immediately. I looked at the pedals and then the odometer. 10,000 original miles. I was absolutely convinced of the mileage and the interior was flawless. I called dad over to take a look himself. He said, yep, that looks original to me.

Dad told the lady that we'd like to buy it but don't want to pay the $500. The lady said, "is that too much?" Dad said, no, "it's too little." He said, "I'll give you $1000 for it. Is that OK?" The lady was thrilled and a deal was made.

We got the car home and it was my job to clean and detail it. I buffed the paint and we did replace the headlight rims and grille mesh with NOS parts. I did repaint the radiator, valve covers, air cleaner, and engine block. The rest of the car remained completely original. Underneath was very clean and I remember yellow caulk mark numbers still on the frame.

We took the car to the 1980 Gettysburg PA National meet and won a third place trophy. We were pleased as that was against several restored cars. We drove it locally to shows, etc. over the coming years and I can't even describe how well it ran and drove. It was like going back in time as the 259 was silky smooth and the car was as tight as a new car with no rattles. What a pleasure to drive.

Dad sold it to a local guy maybe 10 years later (1990?). Every year we would talk about our Studebakers of past and wondered if the local guy still had the green 60 Lark. Last Christmas, Dad brought it up again and I said, "let's take a ride to find out." We headed over and the gentlemen still had the car. We visited with him for a few hours and he said, let's look at the car. He started it up and it ran as smooth as we remember. We left pleased with the visit and told the guy to give us a call if we ever wanted to sell it and we'd buy it back.

We never got a call. Imagine my surprise when I saw the car on ebay the other day. I'm not sure how the car got to Missouri (where the dealer on ebay resides) but it traveled far within the last year. It still looks like a beautiful little Lark, although I did notice that the driver seat got soiled a bit since we owned it.

Anyway, it is an amazing original and I hope someone enjoys it and takes care it for many years to come.
                            Last edited by 62champ; 08-07-2017, 05:12 AM.

Comment

60S16000 two door sedan John8E40 in Iowa

Comment

Did I give you my info? Don't know, but it can't hurt to repeat:

1960 2 door sedan, assembly date 10/27/59
                                60 V F4 DLX
                                Velvet Black
                                V-8, 3 speed O/D

Kelly Marion
                                Corona de Tucson, AZ 85641

Comment

Working...
                                X