No announcement yet.

1964 Daytona Convertible Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's the body number, not the serial number.

Comment

• Post 810: David, if that's the car's Body Number (115), I hope it is still attached to a car with Serial Number 64V1560 on the driver door hinge post between the hinges.

The car was indeed built Laguna Blue with blue interior, but it was not an R-engined car. It did have 289 with 4-bbl, duals, and Powershift floor automatic transmission. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• (64V6966): It was the car used to transport the Home Coming King & Queen at St. Mary's High School, Phoenix AZ in 1963.
        I remember drooling over it on the showroom floor at Ray Tanner Motors, North Central Ave. in Phoenix.....I wanted it so bad, but "No money, no honey"......
        Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
        It's not listed on the Registry. Let's hear your story Lou.

Stu Chapman
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Post 810: David, if that's the car's Body Number (115), I hope it is still attached to a car with Serial Number 64V1560 on the driver door hinge post between the hinges.

The car was indeed built Laguna Blue with blue interior, but it was not an R-engined car. It did have 289 with 4-bbl, duals, and Powershift floor automatic transmission. BP
          If it is 1560 then I know this car very well. It is listed on the Registry and came to Ontario some years ago from Chuck Naugle. It went through three owners in Ontario which is where the R1 badge was put on. It was then sold to a gentleman in New England. That man then sold it to an individual whose name is unknown to me but I am aware of his career position. It was presumably for his vehicle collection. It would be interesting if you could find out the name of the owner David. Also, check your PMs.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
            (64V6966): It was the car used to transport the Home Coming King & Queen at St. Mary's High School, Phoenix AZ in 1963.
            I remember drooling over it on the showroom floor at Ray Tanner Motors, North Central Ave. in Phoenix.....I wanted it so bad, but "No money, no honey"......
            You have a great memory Lou to remember the serial number all these years.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• No great memory here as to the serial number....figured it out by the process of elimination...only three were shipped to AZ.....it can be seen in the St Mary's 1964 Annual...two photos no less!....sure would like to have this one (among about a hundred others.....it's a mental defect....I'm convinced).
              Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
              You have a great memory Lou to remember the serial number all these years.

Stu Chapman
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

• Two very rare cars

If you follow Hemmings blogs you will note there is a 1964 Daytona Convertible for sale in Naples FL. The unusual feature of this car is its color...HORIZON GREEN. There are only two of the survivors of this model finished in this color. Jim Turner has the other one.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• I was referencing a car, but see it is already recorded......
                  Last edited by (S); 12-06-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Change in ownership

We've just been advised of an ownership disclosure for 64V18280, previously listed as "anonymous" in Texas.

It's now owned by J. Steve O'Kelley of Fort Worth, Texas, who advises its 259 engine has been changed to a 289 R1 clone. It now shows as having factory disc brakes and the optional rear sway bar kit. Vintage AC has been added.

The Registry will be updated with this new information presently.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• There is currently a 64 Daytona Convertible for sale in Indiana with information indicating that 730 were built. In fact, there were only 702 built, 416 in South Bend and 286 in Hamilton.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Nnnnnnnnnnn wrong registry it's a hard top
                        Last edited by studejohn; 03-27-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by studejohn View Post
                          64V-1623 is alive and for sale in Chandler Arizona. Bucket seats power shift 259. Not mine
                          That's great info. This one has never been recorded so you have found another for the Registry. Can you provide more detail for us?

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Is that the one Scott Cawley told me about but never came up with a serial number?

Denny L

Comment

• Who is currently selling this one in Ontario? https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...a-convertible/ Ad ID: Ad ID 1356884107

Craig
                              Last edited by 8E45E; 05-31-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Interesting Ad, he doesn't want to deal with Buyers, "don't ask any questions", (just come get this thing)!

That Car actually IS a Burgundy repaint, NOT Bordeaux Red. Has ripped seat material BUT NO Pics.

All Pics are POOR Cellphone Pics with bad lighting, doesn't ANYONE own a Camera anymore?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burgundy Canadian.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	1720877 It looks like a Very Nice Condition Convertible, but we may never know it's REAL complete condition.
                                It is a BROWN Interior Car with Power Drum Brakes if THAT helps narrow it down any as to who's it is.

The Firewall looks Brown, it may be one of the VERY few Bermuda Brown Metallic Convertibles.
                                Last edited by StudeRich; 05-31-2018, 10:59 AM.
                                StudeRich
                                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                                X