No announcement yet.

Rear brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gun Morris recommends is called a "suction gun" aka "Rose gun". Common and cheap, everybody should have one. You WILL get drips. If the differential is overfilled, your are more likely to see a leak from one of the axles, than from the front seal, because the front seal is supposed to be at least partially immersed in oil when the level is correct. Put a catch tray under the filler plug, pump in oil with the Rose gun until it starts to come out the bottom of the fill hole, then let it drip until the drip has mostly stopped. Put the plug in and call it good. That has always worked for me.

As far as brake lines go, that new CuNiFer alloy is so darned easy to work with that I'd say you are throwing money away by buying preformed brake lines. It flares easily and cleanly, and you can bend in complex shapes with your hands alone. And it does not rust.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

A pump for gear oil can be purchased at any Marine store - they are used for filling the lower units on outboards or I/O installations....

Comment

Thanks for the rear gear refill tips.

Comment

Working...
        X