No announcement yet.

RAD Ideas : Mustang GT and Cobra brake adapter bracket update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking stuff! I appreciate all your ideas and hard work.
    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
    sigpic
    Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
    in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Tom,

Congrats on a successful job hunt! I guess I will be patiently waiting on your new brake-throughs, too.

Steve

Comment

Has it been 6 months? I guess so, since I just made my 6 months at my new job. I have been sourcing
        a few different shops to make brackets and having mixed results. I got one quote back which was very
        promising, I was ordering material when I noticed a strange blurb in the quote. I questioned and found it
        wasnt for machine work, but only cutting the blank with a water jet. Nice, but not a useful part. Also I
        have been having a heck of a time getting material quotes, it looks like material has almost doubled in a
        few years since I last ordered. That alone could be the deal killer, that and machine labor. Frustrating to
        say the least. My work has a full machine shop, but everything is in use at the moment.

Tom
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Great news on the job!! Are we still working with the Aluminum or have we moved on to steel? Might be more cost effective in machining and bending some steel plate. Looking forward to availability!!! Would be nice to bolt in a factory matched Ford set, rather than mixing and matching GM and Ford parts.

Comment

Yes, the plan is to go with steel, most likely A36 steel. With the help of a Forum member and one
            of my very first customers, it looks like we will finally have a first article for testing!! Once we get
            the basics worked out, I am hoping we can hammer out some rear brackets as well.

Tom
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Mustang GT/Cobra Brake Adapter bracket for old Avantis

Originally posted by sbca96 View Post
              Yes, the plan is to go with steel, most likely A36 steel. With the help of a Forum member and one
              of my very first customers, it looks like we will finally have a first article for testing!! Once we get
              the basics worked out, I am hoping we can hammer out some rear brackets as well.

Tom
              Hey, Tom,

How is this project looking? I am hoping to convert my 63 Avanti front and rear brakes over to your new setup this summer.

Thanks for all of your efforts over the years to keep these classics on the road and to improve them somewhat along the way.

Steve

Comment

Me three! Waiting on your production items, then decide if I'm going to just slip an 8.8 in or update the old Dana 44 for the rears. Hope to hear soon.
                Fred

Comment

Waiting for fronts myself don't feel need or expense for four wheel discs on Clipper

Comment

Awesome stuff!

Comment

Thanks all .. its moving forward .. though slowly. The first two sets were received back from the waterjet
                      house and are going to the CNC machinist. There was a slight glitch as I sent the two piece design rather
                      then the single piece design. The only effect is the grease trap, so we can still check fitment.

Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,
                        I was interested in a set of the aluminum specific 2 piston brackets that fits the 15 in wheels, if they are still available. I have a set of like new calipers and I have 12 in rotors and PBR calipers on the rear of my 53 Commander. I assume you are using a 12 in rotor for the front setup.
                        Please let me know of availability, as they are very nicely made.
                        Thanx,
                        Keith

Comment

Hi Tom,
                          With the server update, I see some images didn't make it. I'm still interested in the stock GT style adapters, should I PM to preorder?
                          Fred

Comment

Hey all, it appears I am again looking for another machine shop. The person I was working with hasn't responded to an email since end of May.

Keith, per our emails back and forth, there are two factory rotors used in the front of 4th Gen Mustangs, one was 11 inch and the other was the Cobra 13 inch.

Tom

Comment

Hey all, it appears I am again looking for another machine shop. The person I was working with hasn't responded to an email since end of May.

Keith, per our emails back and forth, there are two factory rotors used in the front of 4th Gen Mustangs, one was 11 inch and the other was the Cobra 13 inch.

Tom
                              Are you still working with aluminum or have you switched to steel? How big a batch are you contemplating? Maybe there is member with access to produce these-that won't keep putting you off. Are the rear brackets still in design?

Comment

Tom
                                I PM you a shop that can do the work. Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X